Jeff Julian's Blog

Just Another Geek With A Blog

+Jeff Julian GWB Tag

SharePoint Consulting (Kansas City Metro)

SharePoint Training

AJI Software - Careers

Check out some of my wife's products!:

Cake Mixes - Made With Scratch
Cookie Mixes - Made With Scratch
Marinades - Made With Scratch

My Stats

• Posts - 707
  • Comments - 636
  • Trackbacks - 925

Twitter

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

Image Galleries

My Company

My Fav. Sites

After some testing (thanks DonXML), I feel the syndication compression for .Text is ready. However, if you have any issues, please email me at jjulian2@mac.com. I have included the source, binaries, and compiled changes from the latest release of .Text. I have been very impressed with the HttpCompressionModule integrated into .Text. My bandwidth is down even though the hits are up. As always, please backup your binaries and config before upgrading. With out further ado, here it is.

Comments

Gravatar # re: Dottext.Web.HttpCompression is ready, download here
Posted by Marco Trova on 1/11/2004 10:58 AM
Can this httpmodule require more CPU than a native IIS6 compression?
Gravatar # re: Dottext.Web.HttpCompression is ready, download here
Posted by Jeff Julian on 1/11/2004 11:20 AM
It really should matter. The module is a wrapper for SharpZipLib, which is a excellent compression tool for .NET. The difference of this module to IIS compression is the fact that only Syndication request (MainFeed, Rss, and Atom) will every fire the compression.
Gravatar # re: Dottext.Web.HttpCompression is ready, download here
Posted by Ranjan on 2/28/2005 11:56 PM
Thanks mate, wonderful help.
Gravatar # Save Bandwidth and Compress Your CommunityServer Feeds
Posted by Thomas Freudenberg's Blog on 10/3/2005 9:47 AM
Currently CommunityServer does not compress its exposed feeds, so to save some bandwidth I've written a add-on myself. I've written it some weeks ago already and deployed it on my web server. Since it seems to work properly, I now want to announce it publicly. Though my bandwidth at WebHost4Life isn't limited, for some of you it may save real money.
Gravatar # Save Bandwidth and Compress Your CommunityServer Feeds