Jim Becher

My Links

Twitter

Image Galleries

Blogs

Links

New Windows 8 App - GUID Generator

New release of a windows 8 store app.  This app was built with C# / XAML.   It allows you to generate a number of GUIDs and then copy / past or email them to yourself.

Free application.   It was a good experience adding this application to the App store.  I'll do a follow up post regarding the issues of privacy policy, which caused a certification issue in the submission to the store.

Guid Generator

Print | posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 10:36 AM |

# re: New Windows 8 App - GUID Generator

Installed - Nice!

How long did this spend on this?
12/11/2012 12:04 PM | Ben Barreth

# re: New Windows 8 App - GUID Generator

The app took about two days working in the evenings. The certification through the store took the longest. I'll post the process in a later blog. If anyone wants the code I will update to github later. Or PM me for a copy

Jim
12/11/2012 3:11 PM | Jim

# Follow up privacy issue post

Can you also provide me the follow up post with privacy issue you encountered? I don't seem to find that post. Even, I am going through the privacy issue. As a newbie developer, my developer doesn't seem to get rid of the issue.
1/8/2013 10:28 AM | Ricky Shah

# re: New Windows 8 App - GUID Generator

The follow up was on my direct log. I should have referenced it on geekswithblogs. http://jimiz.net/blog/2012/12/privacy-policy-windows-store-apps/#axzz2HFqFZyYp

Privacy policy issue and a sample app with a privacy policy. I basically created a web page publicly that the app references. This allows for the ability to change it without publishing.
1/8/2013 1:20 PM | Jim