Here are few useful online free books listed on MSDN that will get you started with Microsoft Content Management Server before you do your own investment and buy a MCMS 2002 Book or take an official MOC Training.
Note these books are not meant for beginners though. For beginners I will still Recommend the Book Building Websites with Microsoft Content Management Server as per my post here earlier.You can get good deal on this book from Amazon and other online book sellers.
(1) Building, Deploying, and Maintaining Intranet Sites for the Enterprise
Chapter 1. Setup
Chapter 2. Examining OTGWeb's Network Architecture
Chapter 3. Day-to-Day Operations
Chapter 4. Building OTGWeb with Best Practices
Chapter 5. Final Thoughts
This book discusses how a small team within the Operations and Technology Group (OTG) at Microsoft uses Microsoft Content Management Server (MCMS) 2002 to build, deploy, and maintain OTGWeb, an internal Microsoft site. OTG uses OTGWeb to provide information and tools to keep Microsoft employees informed and productive. OTGWeb is, as far as we know, the largest intranet site running MCMS today.
(2) Integration Techniques and Strategies for Internet Business
- Using the MCMS .NET-based managed APIs
- Using the MCMS COM-based Site Deployment API
- Creating user controls and dialog boxes within the Web Author
- Creating custom placeholder controls in Microsoft Visual Studio® .NET
- Creating components that communicate with each external system
In Integration Techniques and Strategies for Internet Business, we'll examine a variety of integration options available to you when designing your Web sites. The methodology we present is simple, secure, and extendable. We take the WoodgroveNet sample site which shipped as a sample with MCMS 2002 and build integration components to show integration with search engines, workflow engines, authentication systems, and other software.
(3) Performance Planning and Deployment with Content Management Server 2002
- Explains performance planning for MCMS 2002
- Demonstrates capacity planning with transaction cost analysis for MCMS 2002
- Provides detailed instructions and best practices for installing a sample MCMS 2002 deployment that can be scaled out to meet your needs.
- Provides troubleshooting information and answers to frequently asked questions for getting the best from your MCMS 2002 site.
This Book shows you how to plan your MCMS 2002 deployment to maximize performance, how to estimate site capacity with transaction cost analysis, and provides best practices and instructions for installing an MCMS 2002, 13-computer, 3-tier, sample, secure deployment that can easily be scaled out to meet the needs of your enterprise. Additionally, it provides troubleshooting tips and answers frequently asked questions about installing and using MCMS 2002