This is one of a series of posts on my preparations for sessions on Azure and ORMs at Software Architect 2009.
The plan vs actual for day four (Thursday):
- Produce final drafts of each deck and post them so delegates can check out what I’m covering. DONE (link below)
- Play, play, play with the technology. DONE (a little)
- Read, read, read DONE
- And… produce outline skeleton demo sequence DONE (a little)
The good bit:
The best bit was getting the drafts of both decks “done” – done in the sense that I will still likely change quite a lot between now and the sessions, but if I had to present in 3 minutes I could use them. The drafts are on slideshare (no download available while in draft).
Also made a surprising (to me anyway) discovery. Namely that the Azure Training Kit update in August included a lot of stuff on SQL Azure. I highly recommend you check this stuff out (and wish I had found it 3 days back!)
The bad bit:
Other work got in the way of really getting stuck into the technology. Bummer. Hoping Friday will be much better.
Managed to break my VS2010 Beta 1. Details below.
And finally, the plan for day five (The last day):
- Play, play, play with the technology.
- Produce outline skeleton demo sequence for both sessions
- Produce a backup VM “just in case” :)
- Run through both presentations for rough timing (mainly to figure out talk to demo ratio)
- Look into this annoying bug which appeared to have started after I installed Silverlight 3 into my VM