So I decided a while back to get a new mouse that would ease my shoulder and hand pain, and I happened upon this. Well I've been using it for a few weeks now on my Dell 4550 with Windows XP, and I thought I'd share my thoughts on the Perific wireless mouse for anybody considering a new mouse.
- If your posture is good (or if you start trying harder to straighten your shoulders), it really does seem like it's good for the shoulder and whatnot.
- It's very easy to use it in your hand rather than on a mousepad, and going from mousing to typing in this situation is a breeze.
- It's expensive - I paid around US$120.
- It takes a second or two to respond when you haven't used it for a while. My old MS wireless mouse never had that problem.
- The scroll wheel has been randomly losing its ability to scroll in a web browser. If I switch to another Windows session (i.e. Switch User from Log Off menu in Windows XP) then switch back, the functionality returns.
- The rechargeable batteries inside the mouse only last about a week. The good news is that there's a charging cable in the receiver. The bad news is that the cable is fairly short.
- The range isn't very good. I'm lucky if I get a good signal at 3 feet.
- It feels like it could break at any moment because the plastic is so cheap.