Geeks With Blogs
expression{} Thoughts on Expression Web and web tools in general

I recently got what looks to be an excellent WordPress plug-in, MotoPress, a very different sort of editor making page updates far easier for users. The problem was getting it to work.

When I first tried all I got was a clever graphic of some spinning cogs indicating something might be happening but it never got any further than this.

The MotoPress support person suggested I look at the error console in Chrome, which revealed that an '.ejs' file couldn't be loaded and I eventually realised that I needed to add the appropriate MIME type to the IIS configuration, ('text/html'). This then revealed another error in being unable to load a '.json' file. Adding the MIMI type for this, ('application/json') solved the problem and the editor now functions.

Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:48 AM WordPress , MotoPress | Back to top

Comments on this post: WordPress plug-in needed additional MIME types in IIS

No comments posted yet.
Your comment:
 (will show your gravatar)

Copyright © ihaynes | Powered by: