Geeks With Blogs
Oh my god ... not another MS CRM blog Guenter vs. MSCRM March 2006 Entries
Programmatically change SiteMap XML or any other entity or ISV.config using MS CRM 3.0 web services (supported version)
Since Jeffry van de Vuurst pointed out that there is a supported way to achieve manipulating SiteMap XML, ISV.config, Entity manipulation, etc. (thanks for mentioning it) and I have some time, I will update the little code snippet I posted in a previous post. Please use this version. Additional information can be found in the new SDK 3.0.4 (ISV Programming Guide). To run this code you have to reference all the helper classes found in the new SDK 3.0.4 in the sdk samples\isvreadiness sub folder. CrmService ......

Posted On Friday, March 31, 2006 10:08 AM

MS CRM 3.0 + HttpModule + AspNetHostingPermission in Reporting Services
Yesterday I encountered an interesting problem on a MS CRM 3.0 installation running as default website in IIS. This was due to an upgrade from CRM 1.2 to 3.0. The installation included customizations one of them in form of a HttpModule. Everything worked fine, but viewing reports threw a SecurityException stating that "Request for the permission of type System.Web.AspNetHostingPer... ... failed". I didn't know the reason for this exception, so I did a bit of research. I found out that Reporting ......

Posted On Thursday, March 23, 2006 8:51 AM

Programmatically change SiteMap XML or any other entity or ISV.config using MS CRM 3.0 web services
IMPORTANT: You should look at the comment posted by Jeffry van de Vuurst first. In the meantime there was a supported way added to SDK 3.0.4 which describes to change entities, ISV.config, ... SiteMap XML is a really cool new feature in MS CRM 3.0. The most exciting thing for me is the ability to restrict access to Areas of the SiteMap by specific privileges in MS CRM. In most cases you would modify the SiteMap XML using the supported way by manually exporting, modifying and then importing the XML ......

Posted On Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:54 AM

Never trust MS CRM error messages
Yesterday we experienced a quite interesting phenomenon. A colleague of mine tried to create products with the API but received an error from time to time. The error stated that the product number already existed in CRM. But in fact, the product number was unique and did not yet exist in CRM. So we started SQL profiler to dig a little deeper. We found out that the problem occurred from passing a string to a custom attribute which exceeded its maximum length. The SQL server error message stated that ......

Posted On Wednesday, March 8, 2006 7:18 AM

Copyright © Guenter Wallnoefer | Powered by: GeeksWithBlogs.net