Geekus Con Livus

Malcolm Anderson's home for Geeks With Lives
posts - 91 , comments - 79 , trackbacks - 23

Using Wordpress as a client to GeeksWithBlogs

I am really missing the tools in wordpress, that seem to be absent from GeeksWithBlogs [GWB].

The biggest two are being able to store drafts and being able to set a publish date.

I have done a little research on google I have not been able to find anyone saying that they have used Wordpress as a client for GWB, let alone a how-to.

Anyone got any clues or suggestions?

Print | posted on Friday, April 23, 2010 8:53 AM | Filed Under [ Con Livus ]

# re: Using Wordpress as a client to GeeksWithBlogs

Hi Malcolm,
Have you tried Windows Live Writer? Many of us use that instead of the GWB online editor. Here's the link to it:

Here's the link to Jeff's post about setting up Live Writer with GWB:

Let us know how it goes! Thanks for being an important part of the geekswithblogs community!!!

Regards,
John Alexander
4/23/2010 10:37 AM | John Alexander

# re: Using Wordpress as a client to GeeksWithBlogs

Thanks, I've downloaded it, and am reading Jeff's entry right now.

This is one of those things that I love about an active community. Someone has the answers.

Malcolm
4/23/2010 11:18 AM | Malcolm Anderson

# re: Using Wordpress as a client to GeeksWithBlogs

I vote for Windows Live Writer as well... tried a ton of them and found Live Writer was the best
4/23/2010 11:50 AM | Mark

# re: Using Wordpress as a client to GeeksWithBlogs

Malcolm,
Did that solve the problem?

Regards,
John
4/24/2010 12:01 PM | John Alexander

# re: Using Wordpress as a client to GeeksWithBlogs

John

Thanks for asking, I'll find out on Monday morning. I've got an entry that I wrote up, and have scheduled to post at that time.

Having a WordPress background, it certainly was easy to write an entry and post it. I'll have to make sure that the app is running Sunday night before I got to bed to insure that the posting will happen.

Malcolm