Another book! I and some friends just finished a new release of our Visual Basic book. This is another book I wrote with the wonderful Kent Sharkey! :) We really cleaned up this version of the book. This book came together quite well and shows not only the core of .NET 2.0 in depth - but it also covers the new ground of .NET 3.0. The .NET Framework 3.0 includes the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), the Windows Workflow Foundation (WF), and the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
The table of contents of the book is as follows - (the new chapters are in yellow):
1. Understanding the .NET Framework.
2. Visual Basic 2005 Core Basics.
3. Object Syntax Introduction.
4. Object-Oriented Programming.
5. The Common Language Runtime.
9. Exception Handling and Debugging.
10. Data Access with ADO.NET 2.0.
11. Using XML in Visual Basic 2005.
12. Security in the .NET Framework 2.0.
13. Visual Studio 2005.
14. Working with SQL Server.
15. Windows Forms.
16. Windows Forms Advanced Features.
17. Windows Presentation Foundation.
18. Integrating WPF with Windows Forms.
19. Working with ASP.NET 2.0.
20. ASP.NET 2.0 Advanced Features.
23. Working with Classic .COM.
25. Windows Workflow Foundation.
26. XML Web Services.
28. Enterprise Services.
29. Network Programming.
30. Windows Communication Foundation.
31. Windows Services.
32. Visual Basic and the Internet.
Appendix A. The VB.NET Compiler.
Appendix B. VB.NET References.