There are famous people ALL OVER New York it seems!

I go to New York City a lot for my job. Every time I come to NYC it seems that I run into someone famous. Kind of funny for a city sooo big that this would happen, but it does. Statistically, it seems that it wouldn't though. Last time I was here (Oct) I ran into Donald Trump:

See the guy waving at me? That is actually his body guard coming to yell at me for taking his picture. But it was neat to see Donald.

This time, I am staying at the Hilton Times Square and I was heading to the lobby in the elevator. The elevator gets to the lobby and the doors open and who is staring me in the face??? .... none other than Barry Manilow. REALLY! I couldn't take a photo this time. But I am standing there and if there is anything that makes you pause getting off an elevator - it is the doors opening to Barry Manilow. My mind is going, “OK, Bill ... I know you drank some beers last night, but is this real?” I got off, Barry got on (with his groupies), I turn and watch the doors close and that is it. Strange and cool. I love NYC.

posted @ Thursday, November 13, 2003 10:57 AM

Comments on this entry:

Left by julie lerman at 11/13/2003 4:07 PM
fun to read that. I lived in NYC for 8 years. I remember being at the movies (Roger Rabbit) and my friends and I were sniggering at the Madonna wannabe in line in front of us. We stopped sniggering when we realized that was Sean Penn standing with her. I guess there were lots of those encounters. When you live in NY, you have to pretend not to notice. Nobody used to look at each other on the street. It wasn't cool. Different times!

Left by Mel Spence at 6/7/2004 1:31 PM
Im going to NYC next month... Im dying to run into a celeb, Ill be cool about it, i just want to say that I actully saw someone!. Can you tell me where the hot spots are? Or what night clubs are the best? thanks!

Left by Jonathan Amar at 6/18/2004 8:32 AM
I was walking down Times Square once and I accidently hugged a women who I thought was my mom, when I looked up it was really Jennifer Love Hewitt. She thought I hugged her on purpose like a fan so she hugged me back. Ill never forget that day.

Left by kimi at 2/16/2005 2:43 PM
New York is of the CHAIN ?

Left by lexi at 2/21/2005 12:18 PM
way to crowded! OVER LOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Left by lexi at 2/21/2005 12:18 PM
way to crowded! OVER LOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Left by Vin Deasle at 2/22/2005 8:50 PM
super cool I love his movies!

Left by Jill Scotte at 3/7/2005 3:09 PM
my name is robert and i like all your c.d and i thik they are good if you can e-mail me at yooh.com my e-mail is robertatl2000 it will be nics ok good bey

Left by Bashir at 3/11/2005 4:01 PM
latley i wuz in new york city n by chance i met tupac...we talked about him coming back and he said that he would be coming back very soon.

Left by marashika at 4/3/2005 3:40 PM
Can you make a list of famous people and where there from and put it on your page?
please and thank you.
you damned bitch

Left by Maegan at 4/11/2005 1:18 PM
Hey i dont know any famous people from any where and i have never ran into any but i want to!!!

Left by maegan at 4/11/2005 1:19 PM
hi stephanie !!

Left by emily at 11/14/2005 10:41 AM
i av never been 2 NYC eally want 2!!!!!!!!!!! when im older i am going to live there!!(i hope) i have met jamie oliver but in england as im english!

Left by c-dog at 4/4/2006 6:23 AM
hey hey hey its fat albert!!!!!!!!I am going to the biggest apple and i want to see alot of famous people.

Left by bAbygiRl51195 at 4/11/2006 4:51 PM
I've never been to NYC, but if i go , i want to meet donald trump!!!!!!!!

Left by SuPErHAmMeR1 at 4/11/2006 4:56 PM
i'm with her! i want to meet d.t. (donald trump) too! he is so cool! i like his show!'MONEY MONEY MONEY,MOooooNAY,MONAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Left by Sherri at 8/7/2006 7:19 PM
I saw Reba McEntire over the weekend in the city. She was really nice and let us get a picture with her. That was my only celeb sighting.

Left by bryant lee at 10/20/2006 7:04 AM
Hi peoplz!

Left by Shamika at 11/16/2006 1:36 PM
hi my name is shamika and i hate u all BITCHES ok if u have a problem with it e-mail me at lady_s93@yahoo.com

Left by elizabeth at 9/12/2007 8:47 AM
I meet adam sandler in NYC at a deli and we took a picture to gether and im only 13

Left by sam at 12/16/2008 8:30 PM
i was asked to record some songs for a tv show and im leaving school and going to the city this week...i hope i wiill see some famous people at the recording studio! can any1 tell me the names of some famous musicians who i might see while im there?

im 14....so any famous musician ud think a 14 yr old girl would like

Left by milly at 5/14/2009 5:23 AM
wow

Left by amani at 4/18/2010 1:30 PM
Once I was walking around NYC and I'm by nintendo world then Justin Bieber was right next to the window so i went inside and took a picture with him he also autographed my converse!....................... I will never forget that day

Your comment: