Web Solution Architect - Rockwell Collins - My ramblings on work, technology, & life in general

Twitter

ClickOnce Installation Location

I'm tired of forgeting where ClickOnce application are installed on Windows XP, so I'm posting it here.

C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\Local Settings\Apps

# re: ClickOnce Installation Location

Windows must be really annoying to use, that's why I use a mac. 7/14/2009 9:49 AM | Top Driver Scanner

# re: ClickOnce Installation Location

Macs must be really annoying to program. Plus it's not worthwhile anyway. You get 1/9th of the PC userbase and most seem to be totally clueless and technophobic. 1/17/2010 10:16 PM | Thx for the Info

# re: ClickOnce Installation Location

Thank you! Was looking all over for this information and it was ridiculously hard to find. 1/24/2010 11:45 PM | Alsn

lol! mac users: condescending 11/1/2010 5:35 AM | bob

Macs are great...for me to poop on. 5/18/2011 4:10 AM | cy

Hi,

I have an application which is to be installed on different sys pointing to seperate DBs on their Local system. Is there any way i can use click once technology to run the Installation which can restore DB backup once it is installed. 6/2/2011 6:14 PM | govind

Not that I know of 6/4/2011 7:00 AM | Eric Johnson

# re: ClickOnce Installation Location

Just so you know (and because this one is high in the searches) the Windows 7 location is %localappdata% 6/22/2011 9:13 PM | Roy T.

# re: ClickOnce Installation Location

Ha ha thank you! I keep forgetting too! Good thinking friend :) 7/19/2011 4:12 AM | Gaz

# re: ClickOnce Installation Location

Yea you 'use' a mac, we program a pc...
Apple noob. 11/24/2011 1:57 AM | J

# re: ClickOnce Installation Location

A one line post on the top of a Google search. Amazing. 1/13/2012 3:19 PM | Rahil

In Windows 7:
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Apps
4/27/2012 2:54 AM | Ruben

# re: ClickOnce Installation Location

Windows and Mac must be really annoying to do anything therewith... that's why I use Linux :) 8/18/2012 8:38 AM | M

It is located here for windows 7
C:\Users\userprofile\AppData\Local\Apps 8/21/2012 3:23 AM | Windows 7 User

# re: ClickOnce Installation Location

Visual Studio LightSwitch installs ClickOnce Applications on Windows 7 at this location:

c:\users\[computer name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

But I also wanted to say anybody that does not know how to get a context menu on the installed app and read its properties has more problems than forgetting where the application was installed. lol 3/4/2013 1:26 PM | Clinton Gallagher @virtualCableT

# re: ClickOnce Installation Location @ Clinton Gallagher @virtualCableT

Anyone who's confusing a shortcut with the application itself has a whole lot more problems than anyone who "has more problems than forgetting where the application was installed". 4/29/2013 10:46 AM | Alin