Totzkeeeeee's Blog

Just because I can...

Home  |   Contact  |   Syndication    |   Login
  216 Posts | 4 Stories | 345 Comments | 321 Trackbacks

My blog is worth $14,678.04.
How much is your blog worth?

Article Categories

Blog Roll

Cool Sites

Crikey!  That's no way to cark it.

In these days of vacuous, aeroplane blonde bimbos cavorting on screen for the benefit of the slack-jawed television viewer; in times when one trick pony Howie Mandell gets ANOTHER 15 minutes; at a point in history when the troll that is Tom Cruise IS SLEEPING WITH KATIE HOLMES!!!

Sorry.  It just makes me mad as a cut snake.

Say what you will but Steve Irwin was a rare soul.  He was a joyous Larrikin who was fit as a Mallee bull although some suspected there were Kangaroos loose in the top paddock.

Fame never went to his head.  If anything, it renewed and strengthened his committement to wildlife.

I have a nagging suspicion that Steve's time was cut short; cut short 15 minutes at a time by the likes of the cast of Survivor and Big Brother All Stars. ( there's an oxy-moron for you )

From beyond the black stump to the back o'Bourke you brought the fascinating world of the reptile into our homes and we lived - if only vicariously - the way life was meant to be lived.  Full on and flat out like a lizard drinking.

Onya mate.

Dave
Just because I can...( Translation available here )

posted on Tuesday, September 5, 2006 8:02 PM

# re: Farewell Steve Irwin - Crocs Rule! 9/7/2006 4:45 PM Shastri Heeraman
THE WORLD HAS LOST AN ICON THIS WAS A MAN OF ADVANTURE AND WHO LOVED WORKING WITH ANIMALS HE WILL BE MISS BY BILLIONS ARROUND THE WORLD ... HE BRING PEOPLE TOGETHER TO WATCH HIS SHOW'S THE 'Crocodile Hunter' I HPE THAT HIS SON CAN SOME DAY BE LIKE HIS FATHER HE IS REALLY A MAN OF CONSERVATION

TO MR. STEVE IRWIN FAMILY I GIVE MY REGARDS AND THE STEVE REST IN PEACE YOU WAS REALLY A GOOD PEASON WHO MADE A DIFFERENT IN THIS WORLD...

GOOD BYE MR. STEVE IRWIN

FROM EVERYONE IN TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO W.I.

# re: Farewell Steve Irwin - Crocs Rule! 9/19/2006 8:52 PM Sam
We are all so sad to see such a great Aussie go! He has done so much for Australia and it wild life! Even more than what the government can do! Good on you Steve! We wont forget you

# re: Farewell Steve Irwin - Crocs Rule! 9/19/2006 8:54 PM Sam

# re: Farewell Steve Irwin - Crocs Rule! 9/19/2006 8:54 PM Sam

# re: Farewell Steve Irwin - Crocs Rule! 9/19/2006 8:54 PM Sam

# re: Farewell Steve Irwin - Crocs Rule! 9/19/2006 8:57 PM Rege
Good on u mate! Thanks a million 4 all the things u have done 4 this beat country! Lest we forget

# re: Farewell Steve Irwin - Crocs Rule! 9/20/2006 12:44 AM brad
CROCS do rule u have done more to us then the Govenment will ever do .It is extreamely sad of your pass u will always live on in kids lives and mine.

# re: Farewell Steve Irwin - Crocs Rule! 9/20/2006 6:54 PM Graeme
God bless steve's family. I want you to know he has inspired me so much, and kindled a passion in me for wildlife conservation. I will do my very best to make a difference here in Tasmania.

# re: Farewell Steve Irwin - Crocs Rule! 5/1/2007 8:40 AM Chad Conley
steve was one of the people I watch

# re: Farewell Steve Irwin - Crocs Rule! 7/1/2007 8:19 PM taiga
we love you irwin

# re: Farewell Steve Irwin - Crocs Rule! 1/14/2008 11:31 AM Lexi Van Camp
thais tragety that has come and pass is by far theworst. you were my idol and now that you have gone, i hope to be a veteranarian and be just like you!

# re: Farewell Steve Irwin - Crocs Rule! 2/26/2008 10:03 PM sammy-jo
hey steve you were such a great inspiration to me i desided to do my project on you we will mess u a milliion sad to c u go lest we forget R.I.P steve robert irwin

sami xoxox

# re: Farewell Steve Irwin - Crocs Rule! 6/27/2008 4:18 AM audrey
CROCS RULE.... way to go ...steve... ur soul is at its best still...in the world u always loved .... Have Fun...there to...

you had the best programme going on wildlife.... no offence to jeff corwin ...
For the Family .... mindi your dada was a great human being... carry on the work he always loved

# re: Farewell Steve you rok 11/8/2009 9:27 PM jamila
hi your the best and i liked watching your shows
and i have a huge crush on you!

# re: Farewell Steve Irwin - Crocs Rule! 11/8/2009 9:32 PM kirra
i love u so much i want 2 kiss u 4 ever :)

# re: Farewell Steve Irwin - Crocs Rule! 11/8/2009 9:38 PM amber
MY NAME IS AMBER AND I AM A BIG FAN.
I LOVE YOU TO BITS AND I THINK YOUR A LEGEND
AND I HAVE A NICK-NAME FOR YOU IT IS THE CROCKY HUNTER. OR LOLLY POOH.
AND I WANT TO BE YOUR SUGAR BABY.lol

Comments have been closed on this topic.