D'Arcy from Winnipeg
Solution Architecture, Business & Entrepreneurship, Microsoft, and Adoption

WP7–Getting the MAC Address for a Samsung Focus

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 12:59 AM

Now I know what you’re thinking: D’Arcy, really? Do you really need to devote a blog post to telling us which menu item to select from an options screen to get the MAC address of a Samsung Focus?

OH IF IT WERE SO EASY!!!

I wanted to connect my brand-spankin’ new Samsung Focus to my home network, thinking exactly what I typed above: find the settings area, look up the MAC address, and bliss.

But I couldn’t find it. Odd…off to the internet, where I found my answer at MobilityMinded.com and THANK GOD that they posted the process! Basically, here’s what you do:

- Open the phone screen (as if you were going to make a call). Enter ##634# and press Call

- Now you should see an item in the app list for “Diagnosis”. Press it.

- You should see a screen with a keypad. Enter *#1234#

- Now you’ll see a screen with various info, including the Wi-Fi Mac address

Check the link above to Mobility MInd to see screenshots to go along with the process.

So yeah, no problem getting the MAC address from a Samsung Focus, right? :\

# re: WP7–Getting the MAC Address for a Samsung Focus

Thanks for the info. This helped me out today. 11/29/2010 11:52 AM | Matthew

# re: WP7–Getting the MAC Address for a Samsung Focus

thanks Darcy, super helpful! this was more complicated than it needed to be, but it's amusing (and a bit sad) to see all the posts at neowin.net about how MSFT left out the capability to retrieve the mac addy... not left out, but not obvious! 12/1/2010 11:52 PM | ErikJ

# re: WP7–Getting the MAC Address for a Samsung Focus

Matthew/Erik - Glad it was helpful! :)

Jason - Is it *just* the diagnostic app that won't download, or is it all apps? 12/23/2010 8:08 AM | D'Arcy from Winnipeg

# re: WP7–Getting the MAC Address for a Samsung Focus

Thanks for the help. WOrked like a charm. 12/27/2010 7:44 PM | Linda

# re: WP7–Getting the MAC Address for a Samsung Focus

Hi, I neeed to get the Mac address for a Samsung GT-B7722 Dual Sim, please.
Thanks a lot for the answer.
Francesco. 2/10/2011 6:27 AM | Francesco

# re: WP7–Getting the MAC Address for a Samsung GT-B772

answer found vist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z42E5plaeds 5/20/2012 3:06 AM | surya5354

# re: WP7–Getting the MAC Address for a Samsung GT-S7262

hello Guys ,
I m looking for The mac address of my samsung GT-S7262. kindly help me to find it.
Regards 6/16/2014 7:38 AM | Sandrine Mireille