D'Arcy from Winnipeg
Solution Architecture, Business & Entrepreneurship, Microsoft, and Adoption

Monday, June 22, 2009 10:42 PM

I went to update a webservice reference in a web app and was greeted with a strange and somewhat disconcerting message…

The components required to enumerate web references are not installed on this computer. Please re-install Visual Studio.

Luckily, I didn’t have to reinstall Visual Studio as was suggested. Instead I just did what Joshua Morgan suggested on the MSDN forums:

I ran:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe /resetskippkgs" and it worked for me.

And that’s also what fixed my probs too. Hope this helps someone.

(Btw, in case its not clear, you run it from a command line)

D

# re: Components to enumerate web references aren’t installed and I need to do what now?!

When i am tring to add webrefernce to my windows application the following error happens what shall i do?This was the error " The components reqired to enumerate Web refernces are not installed on this computer.Please re-instaled Visual studio" 7/16/2009 10:29 PM | Sujesh

thanks a lot.. 7/30/2009 10:38 AM | Shajahan Ansari

Work for me, Thanks so much!

Chris 9/21/2009 10:40 PM | Chris

Nice one thanks! 9/24/2009 7:24 AM | Bob

Good find... i saw that initial message but disregarded it. should pay more attention to those. 9/24/2009 4:15 PM | Arif

thanks - u saved my day! 10/29/2009 6:50 AM | Guido

Thanks it worked for me .. great one. 11/9/2009 5:21 AM | sanjay

It most certainly did help. Thanks. 1/5/2010 12:40 AM | Boris

Cool. It worked for me. Thanks 2/5/2010 4:59 AM | Praveen Kumar Rangu

thank you, f*** Microsoft 5/5/2010 8:26 PM | Ken

Great it is work for me... Thanks 9/16/2010 7:03 AM | Kulwinder

Thanks! This saved my day! 10/21/2010 10:13 AM | Jonas

Straight to the point- excellent! 11/10/2010 4:56 PM | Sickhandshakes

Its really great man.. Thanks a lot.. 2/17/2011 7:59 AM | Vetharaj

Thanks! it works for me :) . 10/4/2011 11:51 PM | Avinash

GREAT!!!..... IT HELPED ME A LOT... mANY tHNAKS.... 11/2/2011 7:41 PM | pRAVEEN

Hi This is Faisal,

It is working for me. I thought I need to reinstall, Thanks for needful help. 2/27/2012 11:30 PM | Faisal

Yes, It's worked! 4/30/2012 3:21 AM | Ric