D'Arcy from Winnipeg
Solution Architecture, Business & Entrepreneurship, Microsoft, and Adoption

Dear WebDevs, its 2009...your sites should handle apostrophes

Friday, February 27, 2009 10:26 AM

Registration Fail:

image

Take out the apostrophe and *poof*, registration is successful!

D

# re: Dear WebDevs, its 2009...your sites should handle apostrophes

What kind of snooty name needs an apostrophe right in the middle anyways?! I say don't blame the website, blame your parents! 2/27/2009 11:41 AM | Dylan

# re: Dear WebDevs, its 2009...your sites should handle apostrophes

what kind of jackass uses apostrophes in their email address? You probably use filenames longer than 8 characters too. 2/27/2009 12:32 PM | Nolan

# re: Dear WebDevs, its 2009...your sites should handle apostrophes

I think it says a lot that you "moderated" my wife's previous comment. 2/27/2009 1:25 PM | Justice~!

# re: Dear WebDevs, its 2009...your sites should handle apostrophes

Dylan - My parents should get a commission from every place I worked at where my name caught similar issues in testing. :P

Nolan - It's my NAME! Why are you so racist against people with apostrophe's?! You must REALLY hate Irish people.

Justice - I just didn't get around to enabling her comment, its up now. 2/27/2009 2:04 PM | D'Arcy from Winnipeg

# re: Dear WebDevs, its 2009...your sites should handle apostrophes

You need to drop this moderation BS!!! It is KILLING YOUR SITE.

Sorry duderino.
2/27/2009 3:06 PM | Justice~!

# re: Dear WebDevs, its 2009...your sites should handle apostrophes

Spammers killed the internet star. 2/27/2009 3:58 PM | D'Arcy from Winnipeg

# re: Dear WebDevs, its 2009...your sites should handle apostrophes

How about the RFC suggested RegEx for Email validation.....

http://www.ex-parrot.com/~pdw/Mail-RFC822-Address.html 2/27/2009 4:37 PM | Cam