D'Arcy from Winnipeg
Solution Architecture, Business & Entrepreneurship, Microsoft, and Adoption

Tech Ed Smech Ed

Thursday, June 8, 2006 6:10 AM

All anyone seems to be blogging about is Tech Ed, and how they're going down to Tech Ed, and how many more days until they leave for Tech Ed, and won't it be fun to meet up with so and so at Tech Ed. Phooey I say! Overrated! Media Hyped!

Why would I want to be in Boston with a bunch of geeks getting fed awesome food, hearing awesome sessions, networking with great people, and enjoying all things Microsoft when I could be here in Winnipeg enjoying our warm weather, mosquito swarms, our...uh...half-price Slurpee days...uh...Oilers winning the cup (dammit...that won't be happening...and I could watch the games down there...)...well, and all the OTHER great things about Winnipeg in the summer that are too numerous to name (like, ooo, the high quality hot dog carts at noon hour on Broadway...or going to a movie, yeah!).

Tech Ed...pffft.

I'm going to go cry now. Enjoy Tech Ed you jerks.
;)

D

# re: Tech Ed Smech Ed

I will eat a free twinkees and drink a free soda for you. 6/8/2006 7:10 AM | Jeff Julian

# re: Tech Ed Smech Ed

DUDE!!

We *are* going to Tech Ed next year for sure. Remember the pact!??

THE PACT?!?!

It *will* happen! Even if Donald and I have to knock you unconscious and take you on the plane Jack Bauer style! 6/8/2006 7:15 AM | Justice

# re: Tech Ed Smech Ed

Dammit...those tables were magical...they just kept producing junk food...it was *sniff* magical...

D

6/8/2006 7:16 AM | D'Arcy from Winnipeg

# re: Tech Ed Smech Ed

Hey Esay... Um, I mean Dude!

Come on, it isn't all bad. While you're at Polo Park watching X-Men 3 in a nice big comfy seat, I'll be at roughing it at Fenway Park with seats smaller than my ass and 5 oz beers.

Oh, but I'll be at Fenway. The last great baseball park; where Babe Ruth and Ted Williams played; where you sit so close you can hear the players spit; where there won't be any mosquitos.

Oh, and then I'll be going to TechEd.

I guess it is that bad.

Yeeeeee Haaaaa! 6/8/2006 8:53 AM | Rob Windsor

# re: Tech Ed Smech Ed

Guess I should have taken advantage of TechEd being so close to me this year. Boston's only an 8 hour car ride away. Some people drove farther than that to get to DevTeach. 6/8/2006 11:16 AM | Jason Row

# re: Tech Ed Smech Ed

I saw X-Men 3 on Friday night...very, VERY average...with some really stupid scenes in it. Its funny, I was listening to the June 1st Diggnation podcast, and Kevin Rose sounded EXACTLY like me coming out of that movie! Some of the scenes were just pointless like

*SPOILER ALERT*
when Magneto moves the entire Golden Gate bridge to get to Alcatraz island...dude, couldn't you just take a boat or something?
*End SPOILER ALERT*

Apparantly there's word that X-Men 4 will be in the works...blech!

Fenway would be awesome, even if it is Train that's performing. Rob, how did you get ObjectSharp to send you down!?

Jason: Get in your car and sneak in man...I've got $10 on the table for you if you do ;)

D 6/8/2006 11:35 AM | D'Arcy from Winnipeg

# re: Tech Ed Smech Ed

It wont be the same with you D'Arcy. I will send you a Häagen-Dazs in the mail to commerate my mourning.
6/8/2006 11:46 AM | Amanda Murphy

# re: Tech Ed Smech Ed

Trust me. This will work. 6/8/2006 6:35 PM | Rob Windsor

# TechEd Days 3 and 4

Day 2I forgot one notable event on Day 2. That was the live recording of .NET Rocks! which was held over... 6/18/2006 9:23 AM | Rob Windsor's Weblog