DropBox changed some details in the API and upgrade to version 1.0 a couple days ago. Together with the DropBox team it was possible to be the first open source project which is compatible with the new and more saver API version. The SharpBox 1.2 release brings the changes we made together into an official binary distribution. We decided to do a major release because of some breaking changes in the code. The most important change will be that the class ICloudStoragCredentials does not more exists. Starting with 1.2 only the ICloudStorageAccessToken class can be used for security token based authentication. The migration in your project should take not longer than five minutes. The following specialized tokens are available for the different storage providers:
- GenericNetworkCredentials - Used for all WebDAV and FTP based providers where a user name and password is needed. Can also be used for file system providers to authentication against a network share.
- GenericCurrentCredentials - This are the credentials of a logged on windows user and can be used on every WebDAV server which is supporting NTLM (e.g. IIS) or on all file system based providers.
- DropBoxToken - An oAuth token what was issued by DropBox during the initial setup phase of your application. To get more information of issuing dropbox tokens please visit our tutorial pages and check out our DropBoxIssuer-application which helps to show the process of token generation.
The following list gives you a bried overview about all the other changes we did to improve the library:
- Change: Removed credential based login, only token based login allowed but WebDAV supports username/password tokens!
- Change: DropBoxConfiguration contains a version field to select if v0 or v1 of DropBox REST API should be used
- Change: DropBoxConfiguration does not cotain static attributes any more (Issue:16786)
- Change: The "rev" property was added to the raw properties collection when using DropBox (Issue: 16786)
- Fix: Problem working in dropbox-sandbox mode (Issue 16728)
- Fix: Error getting Folder under box.net (Issues 16747)
The latest bits can be downloaded here!
We are happy about any kind of feedback via mail or ourproject site on codeplex! Special thanks goes to all contributors in the last weeks who tested and improved the major API upgrade of our DropBox provider.