Our brand new and first service release for SharpBox 1.1 is out. This is the first release which follows the idea to deliver every 4 to 6 weeks a small service release with the latest bugfixes from the field. This release contains an important change for all storage provider developers. The assembly AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox.ExperimentalProvider.XXXX.dll contains all storage provider which are not part of the core API. This location should be a home for only a short period of time until the stabilization phase for this provider is finished. We will also offer a short new tutorial about writing storage providers as soon as possible! Everybod who won't wait please check our MockProvider in the trunk tree.
The following overview will give you a brief overview about the changes in this service release:
- Feature: Support for CloudMe
- Feature: Support for FTP (as experimental provider in the staging area)
- Feature: Added sample mock storage provider
- Feature: Progressbar callback contains bandwidth information
- Feature: Allowed to disable proxy usage with WebRequestManager.Instance.SetEmptyProxySettings
- Feature: Added HasChildrens method in ICloudDirectoryEntry interface
- Change: Stabilized storage provider API
- Change: The up/download progress callback gots a Cancel property to interrupt the transfer!
- Change: Migrated transfer progress callback to the common .NET event signature
- Fix: WebDAV with NTLM authentication doesn't support unbuffered uploading - Issue 16197
- Fix: GenericCurrentCredentials on WebDAV doesn't work - Issue 16192
- Fix: TCP Ports different from the standard ports are ignored - Issue 16341
- Fix: CreateObjectsFromNetworkStream doesn't parse WebDav PROPFIND response correctly from Apache server - Issue 16346
- Fix: A wrong app key or secret does not raise an Unauthorized exception (thanks to tonioplex)
- Fix: The method GetFileSystemObjectUri returned a meta data url for DropBox files
- Fix: SharpBox crashed when is_deleted property was not part of the DropBox JSON message
A word to all Windows Phone 7 developers: Currently SharpBox is doing well for metadata browsing but the up-/download capabilities are not working well. There are several hacks for this via our API GetFilesystemObjectUrl. Any feedback and help to solve the WP7 problems is welcome.
Feel free to give us feedback via our codeplex project website or through this blog. We are happy to here from you and your projects with SharpBox!
The latest bits are ready for download here