November 2011 Entries

Ajaxy

Today is the big day, the day I attempt to use Ajax in the app… I’ve never done this (well, tell a lie, I’ve done it in a ‘tutorial’ site, but that was a while ago now), so it’s going to be interesting.. OK, basics first, let’s start with the @Ajax.ActionLink Right, first stab: @Ajax.ActionLink("Click to get latest", "LatestEntry", new AjaxOptions { UpdateTargetId = "ajaxEntrant", InsertionMode = InsertionMode.Replace, HttpMethod = "GET" }) As far as I’m aware, I’m asking to get the ‘LatestEntry’ ......

Comprehensive redesigns

So, last night I realised that I’d made some bad decisions with the database, structure and naming, so… I’ve now refactored it all, and I’m feeling… hmmm… meh about it. I suspect I will redo it all later, but for now it will do…. I’ve also come to the conclusion that I was maybe trying too much for the initial release, so as a consequence I have removed one part of the project… (which, by-the-by, I intend to have published in a month or so – and yes Andy, that is one month longer than I mentioned ......