December 2009 Entries

DefaultAppPool - Ha Ha!

I spent a large proportion of yesterday trying to debug why a website I was trying to publish wasn't working.. Upon copying the folder there, and converting it to an application, we browse to the site and lo, nothing there. Not a sausage... Just a blank page. Hours on this.. Is it the web.config? - ahh no. Is it the configuration of the server? - ahh no no. Let's try again, create a new folder... add in a 'Hello world' html page Browse to: Success! ok, Convert to application - Browse to: Failure! ......

XElement case insensitive 'Element' extension

Just a small bit of code, I've been playing around with converting some Xml* code to Linq to Xml code, and pretty successfully achieved everything I wanted, one thing missing was the ability to retrieve an XElement ignoring case. First - I'd like mention that yes I know Xml is case sensitive - and this is a bad thing to do - but I needed to do it due to some wierdness in the input xml... Anyhews, below is the extension method I wrote to deal with this.. public static class XElementExtensions { /// ......