Geeks With Blogs

@chanderr
  • chanderr heading home after watching a movie! late night Train journey! hopefully no weirdos in the train! about 787 days ago
  • chanderr I can't wait to go on my first ride ever on my brand new bike this Saturday! about 787 days ago
  • chanderr someone at the Gym "hey why did you ignore my girl friends friend request on FB" I am like "um but why does she want to be my friend??" about 788 days ago
  • chanderr @myylune Tarneit Gardens!used to live in Moorookyle though! these guys do it on Tarneit rd freqly and now in Tarneit Gardens too about 788 days ago
  • chanderr done with the meeting! Off to bed now about 788 days ago

Hit [F5] To Run

SharePoint offers the "Spell Check" feature in its "Rich Text Fields"

In our custom SharePoint application,we have utilised the "SharePoint Spell Check Web service".

There has been a few bugs that has been identified with the SharePoint Spell Check,The Microsoft's QFE Team was involved in fixing the same and delivering back the "private hot fixes".

It was observed that the "dictionary language" defaults to "English US" although the "locale = English Australia".

This issue is being currently investigated by the Microsoft Support Engineers and also by myself.

There is a likelihood that,this could be because of the "language" selection during the install of SharePoint or may be it's a bug..

Will keep you guys posted soon.

Chander

Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 9:19 PM | Back to top


Comments on this post: SharePoint Spellcheck

# re: SharePoint Spellcheck
Requesting Gravatar...
Hi
I'm not sure if this would solve your problem but I was looking through the following file C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\1033\SpellCheckEntirePage.js

after researching this on http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/csharp/cs_webservices/tutorials/article.php/c15519__2/

and came across args.lang=L_Language_Text;

Setting this to our Locale ID in the master page sets the spell checker to use our settings.

I put the following in at the bottom of the page (our locale being South Africa)

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
L_Language_Text = 7177;
</script>

I tried changing the locale everywhere else and it didn't help. This was the easiest solution for me.

S
Left by Shez on May 13, 2009 1:46 AM

Your comment:
 (will show your gravatar)
 


Copyright © iphonedev | Powered by: GeeksWithBlogs.net | Join free