Will Strohl whose the new President of the Orlando DotNetNuke User Group has created a series of videos to help users in the DotNetNuke community.
Here's the list:
- What Is DotNetNuke®? - In this video, I attempt to give a brief overview of what DotNetNuke® is, and what it can do for you.
- DotNetNuke® Tour - An overview of some of the most common DotNetNuke® features.
- DotNetNuke® Terminology - Learn some of the "lingo" you might see used on the DotNetNuke® forums or documentation.
- Where Do I Download DotNetNuke®? - This video explains to you the different places that DotNetNuke® can be dowloaded from.
- Installing DotNetNuke® Part 1 & Part 2 - Unfortunately, there is a lot of necessary background information with installing DotNetNuke®, so this video spans 2 parts. However, I was able to install and explain the installation in less than 8 minutes. How long could the install be done in if I wasn't explaining it?
- Backing Up Your DotNetNuke® Web Site - This video shows you how to effectively back up your DotNetNuke® web site.
- When to Upgrade DotNetNuke® - Just because there is a new version of DotNetNuke® doesn't necessarily mean that you need to upgrade right away. This video tells you why, and what to look for.
- Upgrading DotNetNuke® - Should you find yourself having to upgrade DotNetNuke®, this video will show you how.
- Adding a Tab (Page) in DotNetNuke® - It is easy to add a new page or tab in DotNetNuke®.
- Add a Module to a Tab (Page) in DotNetNuke® - In order to take advantage of the dynamic content features in DotNetNuke®, you will first need to add a module to the page. Here's how!
- Create a New User in DotNetNuke® - While users can create their own accounts, here is how you would do it as a a site administrator.
- Create a New Security Role in DotNetNuke® - Security Roles are used to group users together, and usually to manage permissions. Here is how to create a new one.
- Create a Custom Login Page in DotNetNuke® - One of the most common requests in DotNetNuke® is about how to create a custom login page. This is normally to facilitate surrounding the login and registration page with more modules or information.
- Change/Update Your Profile Information in DotNetNuke® - Here is how you update your profile information on a DotNetNuke® web site.
- Copying Existing Modules to Existing Pages in DotNetNuke® - If you have a module with information you want to share across two or more pages, here is one of the most common ways you can do that.
- Module Permissions in DotNetNuke® - You can use module permissions for any number of reasons in any number of ways. This is an explanation of one of those ways.
- DotNetNuke®: Localization Explained - Localization is used throughout DotNetNuke® to make it easier to deploy to non-English speaking users, or multi-lingual users. Here is a brief overview of how it is used.
JumpstartTV has a series of how to videos and you'll need to register on the site to be able to view the videos. If you do a search on DotNetNuke you'll also see the video that I created last year on How to Create Modules using DotNetNuke. Enjoy!