I haven't posted a recap lately, because the Virtual Brown Bag recordings weren't being uploaded for a while. That was fixed two weeks ago, so I had a lot of meetings to catch up on. Here's an all-you-can-eat brown bag buffet…
Guest presenter Jim Christopher - creator of StudioShell, a deeply integrated PowerShell host available inside of Visual Studio 2010 and 2008.
StudioShell exposes many of Visual Studio’s extensibility points in a simple and consistent way, and it makes the Visual Studio DTE interactive and discoverable. What an add-in does in a compiled binary, StudioShell can accomplish with a one-liner.
- Options for uploading files to a Rails/MongoDB site
- Chrome developer tools
- George Mauer shares some useful extension methods
Jonathan "JB" Birkholz shows off his "CodeMav" site
Alan Stevens: "KickAss Ruby" - Rails development on Windows
- Rails authentication & authorization
- S#arp Architecure / Templify
- Git branching
- CleanCoders & code school - online video learning
- "What the hell was I thinking?"
- We discuss some &%$#'s blog post: "Why I don't hire .NET Programmers"
- object mappers: ditto & AutoMapper
- Mono for Android
- Rails / web development help sites