Friday, February 24, 2012
Finally the book is available, Title: Mastering LOB Development for Silverlight 5: A Case Study in Action.
We have tried to write a book that covers all the topics needed to build a LOB app, including the build process of a real app step by step. Hope you like it !!
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
We have just published SDNavigation a library that integrates the WP7 Navigation Framework into the MVVM pattern.
It is based on Laurent Bugnion's INavigationService idea and combined with Rob GarFoot MVVM Navigation Framework approach to obtain the page context (via behavior).
The current version contains a sample app to start using it, in the following days / weeks we expect to publish training material (posts, videos), stay tunned !!
The team that have built this small (and hopefully useful ) library:
Friday, July 1, 2011
I’m quite happy , just recieved the mail that I’m MVP again .
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
We have created a new section on our site: SilverDiagram Learn
In this site you will find:
- Links to our codeplex extensions / samples.
- How to… videos, right now:
- Link to articles / post / documentation.
I hope this will make easier to let you get started with SilverDiagram SDK.
More videos and samples coming soon…
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Good news for the spanish speaking community (LATAM + Spain). “La Liga de Silverlight” has translated the 27 WP7 tutorials to Spanish.
You can click this link to access the tutorials.
Monday, June 13, 2011
We are proud to announce, that we have released a new version of our Silverlight Diagramming Engine SDK (you can check the details in the product page), the major improvement of this version is the creation of a SilverDiagram extension site where you can find sample source code (please check the video about how to build them) and startup articles:
About SilverDiagram SDK it allows you to add diagramming features to your Silverlight applications, it contains two kind of licenses for commercial and non commercial projects.
Friday, October 15, 2010
Light up your Silverlight skills with the all-new Global Silverlight Firestarter!
What is the Silverlight Firestarter?
- An Event: A one day, global, live streamed and on demand event keynoted by Scott Guthrie
- Training: New self-paced labs and walk through videos
- Interactive: Got questions? Get your answers! Watch live and ask the Silverlight product team questions during the event.
- Why Silverlight? Silverlight is Microsoft’s strategic development platform for building interactive applications across desktop, phone, and the browser.
Something for Everyone
- Just starting out with Silverlight? Watch our On-Ramp sessions and work on hands on labs to get you started.
- Already Building business applications? Watch the event live and learn how to create compelling business applications with Silverlight.
- Got questions? Engage with the Silverlight product team live or in person with our interactive chat.
December 2, 2010 8am to 5pm PT
Register Online, Now!
Nothing! This is a free event
After the live event keep fueling the fire!
Dive deeper with additional hands on labs and videos that build on the live session content, accelerating you ahead of the crowd.
- Watch the entire event on demand!
- Plus, new self-paced labs and walk through videos
- On Ramp Labs (100 level)
- Hands on labs specifically focused on helping new developers get up to speed quickly on Silverlight
- Do you know WinForms? HTML? ASP.NET? Want to learn Silverlight? We have a lab for you!
- Building Better Business Apps (200-300 level)
- Hands on labs focused on taking advantage of Silverlight to build real world business applications
- Apply Data Strategies, Patterns, Out of Browser, RIA Services, and much more using Silverlight
- Turnabout is fair play! Watch a video of our experts doing the labs themselves.
F I R E S T A R T E R L I V E A G E N D A
Silverlight Firestarter Keynote
Masterful Data Strategies with Silverlight and WP7
15 minute break
Roll Out Your Business Apps Today with RIA Services
MVVM: Why and How? Tips and Patterns using MVVM and Service Patterns
Silverlight Today and Tomorrow (Special Guest Panel)
Building Real World Silverlight Apps
15 minute break
Tune Your Application: Profiling and Performance Tips
Mike Cook & Jossef Goldberg
Killer Performance Tips for Silverlight Windows Phone 7
*** Sessions are subject to change
Spread the Word!
- Blog and tweet to spread the word about the Firestarter!
- Ask people to add the Twitter hash tag #slfs10 to their tweets
- Use the banners and blog bling (attached)
Got questions? Ask email@example.com
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Next week the pregistration period of the Malaga's University RIA master degree will be over.
About the master: you will learn latest technologies (HTML 5, Silverlight, ...), and after that you will have a 9 months trainee period on top Spanish Companies (Plain Concepts, Aventia, Pasiona, Indra, ...).
More info in Spanish, in English, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sketchflow webinar clean offline recording available: part 1, part2
Saturday, September 18, 2010
September 29th we will have good time talking, showing demos, discussing... the features of Sketchflow from a Developer point of view (Braulio dude ;-)).
Information and registration here.
Friday, August 13, 2010
Second part of this series, it combineas text and short videos... I really have fun recording some of the videos, specially the one I combined Sketchflow with Visual Studio Debugging... yeah that's Developer Rock n Roll ! :)
Click here to read the article (Sketchflow from a developer point of view 2).
Thursday, August 5, 2010
We have released Silver Diagram Beta + SDK, you can try it out here, and read more information about it here.
About Silver Diagram: Create your custom diagram based application with Silver Diagram. Make a mind map application, create flow charts for your custom projects or develop other solutions.
The Silver Diagram SDK is available for Silverlight and Windows Phone 7 and has the following features:
- Define custom nodes as simple controls and use editors and adorners to manipulate them.
- Arrange nodes by xaml or code and link them by connections.
- Add functionality for drag and drop for your applications and support undo and redo.
- Load diagrams from xml files and save them as well.
- Export your results as image using ImageTools for Silverlight.
Friday, July 30, 2010
This is the first of a 2 article series, it combines text and short videos snippets, hope you like it.
Click here to read the article (Sketchflow from a developer point of view).
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Malaga University (Spain) is offering a master in Software Engineering and RIA technologies, some highlights:
- Silverlight and HTML 5 covered in the master.
- The teaching staff is a mix of university professors and Microsoft MVP's.
- 9 Months to 1 Year internships available on top companies.
You can find more info in the following sites:
Or writing to the following EMail address: email@example.com
I will be one of the MVP's that will teach in the master... guess which part ;-).
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
23 July I will have a Silverlight intro session "Silverlight Rompiendo La barrera de la web" (will be 100 % in Spanish :)), via live meeting.
- Silverlight Intro Express
- Ventanas y navegación
- Básicos enlace a datos
- Básicos acceso a servicios web
- Básicos RIA Services
- Patrón MVVM
- RIA Services con MVVM