CloudCasts Blog

posts - 131 , comments - 71 , trackbacks - 120

My Links

Article Categories

Image Galleries

Bloggers Guides

The Bloggers Guide to BizTalk

Sorry me Blog has been so inactive the past month, I have been pretty busy working on ”The Bloggers Guide to BizTalk”. The first release is out now, and available for free download.

The original plan for the guide was to involve about five people, and produce a 30-40 page PDF file. The response from the blogging community was very positive, a lot better that I expected, and the number of great contributions quickly outgrew the PDF format. The guide is now built using the Microsoft Help workshop, and the first version has 88 articles.

Get it here.

The plan it to update the guide on a monthly basis, and to hopefully build it into a solid resource that will be a “Must Have” for all BizTalk developers. The guide will always be free to download.

If you would like to be involved with the guide as a contributor, contact me via my blog. There are a number of very experienced developers contributing some advanced articles, but it would also be great to have some basic “How to..” articles for those who are new to the product.

A big thanks to Scott, Christof, Lee, Jeff, Stephen, Jan, Darren, Kevin Smith, Mike, Peter, Elder, Kevin Lam and Gilles for helping to make this possible.

Hopefully I will now have time to blog some more content… Stay tuned…

Update 5th October

Quite a few people are reporting that there is no link to the guide in the GotDotNet WorkSpace. It seems there may be a caching problem with the WorkSpace front page, sometimes the release is there, sometimes not. If you experience this problem, try the site again in an hour or two. Hopefully this will not be a long running issue.

Print | posted on Monday, October 4, 2004 8:54 AM |

Alan,

The guide is a fantastic resource!

I tried to read it from my iPaq but quite a few pages appeared blank using a free PocketPC CHM Reader...

Could the guide be available also on another format (PDF, DOC)?

regards,

Gilson
10/4/2004 3:04 PM | Gilson

# re: The Bloggers Guide to BizTalk

Cheers for the feedback. Let me know what the pages are and I'll see if I can fix it for the next release.

Also, is there a way to test the PocketPC reader using on a PC, using an emulator?

10/4/2004 3:51 PM | Alan Smith

Hello Alan,

I tried to read it using CHR Reader 2003 from Duncan Kabinu (http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=13281&associateid=9).

As a matter of fact, only the cover page and index are shown...

Using other viewer (QuickLookup from TranCreative.com), which has a proprietary format and requires a conversion, had better results, but also many blank pages.

I'll try to find other readers to narrow down the problem.

Not sure about the emulator though...

Regards,

Gilson
10/4/2004 4:09 PM | Gilson

# re: The Bloggers Guide to BizTalk

where in the page do you exactly find this file??

--vc
10/4/2004 11:22 PM | vishal

# re: The Bloggers Guide to BizTalk

Same here, were in the page do you find this file? Do we have to join the workspace to see it?
10/4/2004 11:50 PM | Chris

# re: The Bloggers Guide to BizTalk

Under RELEASES, just click on "The Bloggers Guide To BizTalk V 1.0" to save the zipped file.

Regards

Gilson
10/5/2004 3:26 AM | Gilson

Hi,

I think there is some problem with the workspace, sometimes the file is there under releases, sometimes it's not. If you try checking back in an hour or you it should be there. (Maybe some bad magic in the caching).

Regards,

Alan

10/5/2004 7:15 AM | Alan

# re: The Bloggers Guide to BizTalk

Incredible guide!! Well done :)
10/5/2004 9:54 AM | Paul Brown (Solidsoft)

# re: The Bloggers Guide to BizTalk

I miss the permalinks to original articles. That what be great both to check whether the articles where updated and to easily point colleges to some articles that answer there questions.

That would make the Bloggers guide even more useful.
10/8/2004 7:13 AM | Carlo Poli

# re: The Bloggers Guide to BizTalk

Great work !! Will be checking back for more updates :-)
10/9/2004 5:33 PM | Owen Cutajar

Alan,

According to the author, the PocketPC CHM reader has problems reading HTML files with names longer than 128 bytes...

Regards,

Gilson
10/14/2004 1:08 PM | Gilson

# re: The Bloggers Guide to BizTalk

The links to the workspace seem to be completely gone....nothing there. Anywhere else to get this resource?
10/25/2004 5:24 PM | Scott C Reynolds

Regards
4/27/2005 12:07 PM | book

# re: The Bloggers Guide to BizTalk

I want a small help , I was trying out a new program in Biz Talk that converts NotePad to XML File ... The problem i encountered was that by default xmlns="" tag gets added to each element !!!! How do i get rid of it .
9/2/2005 9:48 AM | Rakesh Kumar