In the main UAC has provided a more secure Windows Desktop OS but there are times when this can be very annoying. On of those times is when attempting to run commands from our old friend the DOS prompt. What invariably happens, even though we logged on as an administrator, we get the UAC nag prompt! What need to do is run what is called an Elevated Command Prompt. The following allows you to set on up for future use!
To create an ECP as a shortcut on the desktop:
1. Right-click the desktop, and select New > Shortcut.
2. In the text box of the Create Shortcut dialogue box that appears, type cmd and then click Next.
3. On the following screen, type a name for your shortcut -- I use Elevated Command Prompt. Then click Finish.
4. Right-click on the shortcut you have just created and select Properties.
5. Select the Shortcut tab and click the Advanced button.
6. Check the box titled Run as administrator. (see below) Click OK and then OK again.
We now have our Elevated Command Prompt....