Microsoft announces the Sync Framework CTP at TechEd Barcelona...
Microsoft Sync Framework is a comprehensive synchronization platform that enables collaboration and offline access for applications, services, and devices. It features technologies and tools that enable roaming, sharing, and taking data offline. Using Microsoft Sync Framework, developers can build sync ecosystems that integrate any application, with any data from any store using any protocol over any network. Microsoft Sync Framework consists of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Sync Services for ADO.NET, which is used to synchronize databases for offline and collaborative scenarios.
- Sync Services for File Systems, which is used to synchronize files and folders in a file system.
- Sync Services for SSE, which is used to synchronize RSS and Atom feeds with data in a local store.
- Sync Framework core components, which are used to create synchronization providers for any type of data store.
- Metadata Storage Service, which is used to store synchronization metadata in SQL Server Compact Edition.
Lots more info can be found here