This information is an extract from Patrick Schmid's blog found at : http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
How to Install Office 2007 RTM
- Remove all Office 2007 Beta applications.
- Install the Office 2007 RTM build
- Install Windows Desktop Search 3 RTM (Outlook & OneNote will prompt you to download and install it when you open them for the first time)
- Install the PDF & XPS, PDF or XPS add-in for Office 2007.
- Fix the Building Blocks issue as shown below (this is a must for everyone who had any beta version installed)
- Activate Office 2007 when you open a 2007 application for the first time.
- Make sure to check “Sign up for the Customer Experience Improvement Program” (also says something about “Make Office better”) in the next dialog Office presents you. The default is (unfortunately) off. If you want to know, why you should switch this on, read this blog post.
Removing Office 2007 Beta
Error Message: “The 2007 Microsoft Office system does not support upgrading from a prerelease version of the 2007 Microsoft Office system.”
- Please see this KB
- In addition to the programs listed in the KB, this error message could also be caused by the German Language Pack for Office 2007 and Outlook 2007 add-ins (known ones so far: Windows Live Local Addin for Outlook, Calendar Printing Assistant for Outlook 2007).
Fixing Building Blocks
- Delete the “Building Blocks.dotx” file in order to have the most up-to-date content in galleries. To do so, use Start, Run, type “%appdata%\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks” and delete the file “Building Blocks.dotx” there. Word will recreate the file automatically once you open it again and drop-down a gallery. Note that you shouldn’t delete the file, if you modified the Building Blocks (galleries e.g.) content.
Thanks to Patrick Schmid for this info