You make me feel brand new:
After keeping this one under my hat for sometime…
Microsoft have announced the plans for BizTalk 2004 2006 R2. It will hit the streets mid-2007.
OK so what do we get: R2 is built on BizTalk 2004 2006, no major changes just adding more services and goodies. These include:
- Better integration with the whole Office 2007 mega suite
- RFID –APIs and tighter integration to let third-party vendors tie RFID hardware and software into the platform. It also will include a set of business rules and events management capabilities so RFID events can connect with backend processes.
- EDI – Microsoft have taken the EDI issue to heart and are now providing the full EDI experience – not sure where that leaves Covast
- Lots more adapters and accelerators in the box – HL7, Rossettanet ect.
- WCF adapter in the box
- BAM for Windows Foundation!
- Adapter Framework built on WCF allowing Adapters to cross pollen-ate – maybe for use with SSIS
OK, thats the taster….