|In this Issue: Colin Eberhardt, WindowsPhoneGeek, John Papa, Jesse Liberty, Derik Whittaker, Sumit Dutta, Asim Sajjad, Dhananjay Kumar, Charles Petzold, Peter Kuhn, and Ollie Riches.
Above the Fold:
||"Display Total Records After Applying PagedCollectionView Filter"
||"Announcing: Phone as a Remote Control"
||"Asynchronous Processing in Windows 8"
's latest Desert Mountain Developers
's latest Visual Studio #LightSwitch Daily
Stay in the 'Light!
- Property Finder – the first HTML5-based Windows Phone 7 Application
- ok this one isn't even close to Silverlight, but Colin Eberhardt is all over the place with his posts and I couldn't pass up posting about his HTML5-based WP7 app using PhoneGap, KnockoutJS, and JQuery... read why he did it and some comments he's received
- How to Programmatically Switch between the HubTile Visual States
- WindowsPhoneGeek provides a very useful post with this discussion of using a VSM class to manage states and how to transition between them on the Hub Tiles... as usual, lots of good info and all the code.
- John Papa has put out 9 of his "Papa's Perspective" posts... yikes, I've missed a few... the cool part is, he's got links to all of them on this post.... lots of good stuff all in easily-digested chunks
- Migrating From WP7 to Mango–Fast Application Switching
- Jesse Liberty is discussing Fast Application Switching in this episode of his WP7 mini-series. As with part 1, this post has good external links to information about FAS
- WinRT/Metro–Problem with the data from <Application Name> error
- Derik Whittaker is still checking out WinRT/Metro... with this post on a common error while trying to coax your app into sharing data, and the simple solution.
- Part 18 - Windows Phone 7 - Message Box
- Have a need for a MessageBox in your WP7 app? How about one customized through the use of XNA? Sumit Dutta has just that going in this Part 18 of his WP7 series
- Display Total Records After Applying PagedCollectionView Filter
- Asim Sajjad's latest is showing how to correctly display the number of records displayed in a data grid when the data being displayed is being filtered by user input.
- Video on How to work with WebBrowser Control in Windows Phone 7
- Dhananjay Kumar has a video tutorial up on working with the WebBrowser Control in WP7 ... pretty straightforward explanation of that...
- Asynchronous Processing in Windows 8
- I talked yesterday about Charles Petzold's Phree book reader on WP7... well, during the month of November, he's planning on writing a book reader for Metro... this post is one leading into that... laying some footing so to speak... talking about async in Windows 8 ... good code examples and lots of discussion
- Announcing: Phone as a Remote Control
- Peter Kuhn has been up to some serious coolness with his WP7 skilz... he has a generic library on CodePlex called PAARC that allows you to build an app on your phone to remote control your pc, a desktop game, you come up with something... very nice, Peter
- Tessellating shapes on top of Bing Maps in a WP7 app - part 2
- Ollie Riches has revisited his Tessellating shapes material for this part 2 wherein he is using an asynchronous pattern for creating the polygons.
Twitter SilverlightNews | Twitter WynApse | WynApse.com | Tagged Posts | SilverlightCream
Join me @ SilverlightCream | Phoenix Silverlight User Group
Technorati Tags: Silverlight Silverlight 3 Silverlight 4 Windows Phone MIX10