|In this Issue: Michael Washington, WindowsPhoneGeek, Jeremy Likness, Mike Taulty, Erno de Weerd, Jesse Liberty, Derik Whittaker, Sumit Dutta, Asim Sajjad, Dhananjay Kumar, and Avi Pilosof.
Above the Fold:
||"Using Jounce Navigation to Create OOB Child Windows in Silverlight 5"
||"Video on How to work with WCF Services in Windows Phone 7"
||"Development Tip – Tab Control"
||"Connecting To A .CSV or Excel File Directly With LightSwitch"
's latest Desert Mountain Developers
's latest Visual Studio #LightSwitch Daily
Don't miss the awesome: Windows 8/Metro training new at Pluralsite by Dan Wahlin and John Papa
has posted his Updated Slides and Demos from VSLive Redmond 2011
Stay in the 'Light!
- Connecting To A .CSV or Excel File Directly With LightSwitch
- Michael Washington discusses lashing up a csv or excel file to LightSwitch and various methods that you might consider... we're not talking importing here... we're talking connecting...
- Binding to HubTile Events using MVVM Light EventToCommand
- WindowsPhoneGeek talks about data binding to HubTile events usint MVVMLight. Since the HubTile doesn't expose its events as commands, Laurent's MVVMLight comes to the rescue.
- Using Jounce Navigation to Create OOB Child Windows in Silverlight 5
- Jeremy Likness has a post up about the navigation feature in his Jounce MVVM framework that makes it very easy to place views in child windows using the Silverlight 5 OOB feature.
- Visual Studio Async CTP–Simple Examples in ‘Quiz’ Form
- Mike Taulty has a fun post up ... Async CTP examples up in a 'Quiz' format, complete with number of points per quiz :)
- Using AppHarbor, Bitbucket and Mercurial with ASP.NET and Silverlight – Part 1
- Erno de Weerd is starting a series ... this first is creating, testing, and deploying a scalable web app in 31 steps... all in this one post.
- Migrating From WP7 To Mango–Getting Started
- Jesse Liberty has a series in play on migrating your apps from WP7 to WP7.1 ... looks like a good place to get your knowledge going in this arena... this first is intro some setup of tools
- How to setup a clean error message when your Metro Application does not support Data Sharing
- Derik Whittaker has a post up on setting up a clean error message when your app does not... and seems to have struck a nerve with a couple readers... interesting discussion.
- Part 17 - Windows Phone 7 - Panorama Control
- Sumit Dutta posted a part 17 to his series on WP7 dev and is talking about the Panorama controls
- Remove Datagrid Default Row Selection Using PagedCollectionView
- Asim Sajjad shows how to stop your Datagrid from having the first row selected by default when it comes up... using the PagedCollectionView... he's looking for other suggestions if you have some.
- Video on How to work with WCF Services in Windows Phone 7
- Dhananjay Kumar's latest is a video tutorial on working with WCF Services in WP7... good detailed 13+ minute tutorial
- Development Tip – Tab Control
- Avi Pilosof continues investigating Windows 8 and has a post up discussing his attempt to reproduce the 'tab' sort of control we all saw in the //BUILD demos
Twitter SilverlightNews | Twitter WynApse | WynApse.com | Tagged Posts | SilverlightCream
Join me @ SilverlightCream | Phoenix Silverlight User Group
Technorati Tags: Silverlight Silverlight 3 Silverlight 4 Windows Phone MIX10