|In this Issue: Andrea Boschin, Mark Monster, Antoni Dol, Chaitanya Venneti, Erik Arthur and Jeffrey Ferman, David Kelley, Jose Fajardo(-2-), Andy Beaulieu, Rudi Grobler, Chad Campbell, and Andrej Tozon.
Above the Fold:
||"Visual Studio XAML Designer: New Grid Features"
||"Statistics for your Windows Phone application (Google Analytics)"
||"Physics Games: Multi-targeting Windows 8 + Windows Phone 7"
's latest Desert Mountain Developers
's latest Visual Studio #LightSwitch Daily
posted his slides and demos from his presentation he did at Blatic Techdays: Skeletons, Kinect and Halloween – my Introduction to Kinect talk
discusses the background of Balder... where he is and where he's headed: Balder - where is it, and where is it going?
Stay in the 'Light!
- Windows Phone 7.5 - Programmatically use the phone camera
- In part 3 of his WP7.1 series at SilverlightShow, Andrea Boschin talks about accessing all the normal camera functions programmatically in your app.
- Statistics for your Windows Phone application (Google Analytics)
- Mark Monster's latest post is on Google Analytics for your WP7.1 app... he discusses various analytics methods he's used and why he settled on Google Analytics, then gets into downloading and using
- Nooks and Crannies of Expression Blend: Inlines Collection Editor
- Antoni Dol has a quick visual tip up ... finding the Inlines Collection Editor in Expression Blend... yikes... like finding Easter Eggs... good one, Antoni!
- Windows Phone UX: When & How to use the Panorama Control
- Chaitanya Venneti has a discussion up of the DOs and DON'Ts of using a Panorama... good discussion and visual examples.
- Visual Studio XAML Designer: New Grid Features
- Erik Arthur and Jeffrey Ferman posted a great walkthru of new Grid features in the VS2011 XAML Designer.
- HTMLApplicationHost Framework Posted to Codeplex
- David Kelley has his HTML App Host Framework version 4 up on CodePlex that allows you to build HTML5-based apps such as WP7 apps and then also use the app on other platforms.
- FlickrNET library for WinRT
- Jose Fajardo is digging into WinRT and decided to build a FlickrNET library for it... and is sharing it along with information about it.
- FlickrWinRT library now uses OAuth
- Jose Fajardo then converted his FlickrWinRT to use OAuth to align itself better with the latest FlickrNet library.
- Physics Games: Multi-targeting Windows 8 + Windows Phone 7
- Andy Beaulieu announced a release today of his latest Physics Helper XAML project on CodePlex now supporting Windows 8 Metro and WP7 development using a single set of XAML files...
- applicationbar opacity in mango
- Rudi Grobler discusses the WP7.1 Application Bar and how the OS makes the menu non-opaque when expanded, then goes on to share code to accomplish that.
- Windows Phone 7 – Speed Up Development with Preprocessor Directives
- Chad Campbell's latest post is this (not necessarily) WP7 one on using preprocessor directives ... if you're not familiar with using Debug and Release mode, this will be useful information
- Windows 8 Metro declarations: File Type Associations
- Andrej Tozon has continued his Metr explorations with this post on File Type Associations Declaration... sorta like the file-type associations we know and love such as doc, docx, etc.
Twitter SilverlightNews | Twitter WynApse | WynApse.com | Tagged Posts | SilverlightCream
Join me @ SilverlightCream | Phoenix Silverlight User Group
Technorati Tags: Silverlight Silverlight 3 Silverlight 4 Windows Phone MIX10