|In this Issue: AfricanGeek, Andrea Boschin, Colin Eberhardt, Anoop Madhusudanan, Lee, Laurent Bugnion, Rudi Grobler, Xianzhong Zhu, Jesse Liberty, Asim Sajjad, Dhananjay Kumar, XAMLNinja, and Kunal Chowdhury.
Above the Fold:
||"Develop a Flexible 2.5D Scene Editor Targeting Silverlight RPG Games - Part 2"
||"A Windows Phone 7.1 (Mango) MVVM Tombstoning Example"
||"Consuming WCF Service in Windows 8 XAML/C# metro application"
has their top 5 posted articles for last week up: SilverlightShow for Sept 26 - Oct 02, 2011
's latest Desert Mountain Developers
's latest Visual Studio #LightSwitch Daily
Stay in the 'Light!
- Consuming WCF Service in Windows 8 XAML/C# metro application
- AfricanGeek really dug into Metro/WinRT/Windows 8 for his latest video tutorial... consuming WCF service from Windows 8 Metro app
- Windows Phone 7.1 - Local SQL Database
- Andrea Boschin's latest post at SilverlightShow is up ... and is on the addition of local database implementation that is available in WP7.1
- A Windows Phone 7.1 (Mango) MVVM Tombstoning Example
- Colin Eberhardt has updated his MVVM Tombstoning post specifically for WP7.1 and targetting those folks that think you no longer need to be tombstoning
- HelloTiles – A Simple C# Xaml Application for WinRT/Windows8 to demonstrate Metro Tile Updates
- Anoop Madhusudanan has a Metro app up demonstrating Tile Updates ... just a quick demo of updating tiles, but it does the job, and can be incorporated in your app
- Finding Key State using PInvoke in SL5 RC
- Lee has a quick but useful post up on a use of Pinvoke in Silverlight 5 Beta I've not seen ... finding the keystate: CapsLock, NumLock, and ScrollLock
- Detecting design mode in Windows 8/WinRT
- Laurent Bugnion discusses the difference in detecting design mode in Windows 8/WinRT, and how MVVMLight abstracts that for you
- TextBox.TextChanged event fire twice on the Phone
- Rudi Grobler reports an issue with TextChanged on WP7... getting the event fired twice for eery keypress. He references a StackOverflow post by Jon Skeet with an explanation for why
- Develop a Flexible 2.5D Scene Editor Targeting Silverlight RPG Games - Part 2
- Xianzhong Zhu isn't wasting any time... after that last post discussing what would be good in a Scene Editor... in this post, he's already putting pieces together... I'm not seeing the link to download the project, but it's referred to in the post, so I'm sure it will appear soon
- Yet Another Podcast #50–Rob Cameron: What’s New In Windows 7.5 (Mango)
- Jesse Liberty's latest Yet Another Podcast is up... this time chatting with Rob Cameron about all things Mango
- Make a Silverlight TextBox update its binding on every character
- Asim Sajjad takes a shot at that TextBox problem we all run into where we want to have it bind when the user is typing... to enable somethng else, for instance (my usual need)
- Global Application Bar in Windows Phone 7
- Dhananjay Kumar's latest is a WP7 post that discusses designing a 'Global' App Bar that you can make a global resource and use in multiple pages
- Expression Blend 4 does not start after installing the NET Framework 4.5 Developer Preview
- XAMLNinja explains what may be overly painfully obvious to some, but also explains how to get Blend 4 to continue to run after you've installed the VS2011 Dev preview.
- What is Frame Rate Counter in WP7?
- Kunal Chowdhury demystifies the WP7 Frame Rate Counter in this post. He shows how it gets displayed an an in-depth analysis of what it all means to you
Twitter SilverlightNews | Twitter WynApse | WynApse.com | Tagged Posts | SilverlightCream
Join me @ SilverlightCream | Phoenix Silverlight User Group
Technorati Tags: Silverlight Silverlight 3 Silverlight 4 Windows Phone MIX10