Above the Fold:
's latest Desert Mountain Developers
is working on an 'alternative non-approval based Marketplace for Windows Phone': [Weekend coding] MetroPack – desktop Cydia (alt Marketplace) for Windows Phone
Stay in the 'Light!
- What is My IP
- Asim Sajjad demonstrates retrieving a user's IP address and country name by using a free webservice, and has included his source as well.
- Update XAP file
- Thomas Martinsen has a post up about updaing an installed OOB app.... good information, and source code included
- Pomodoro Timer for the Windows 7 TaskBar
- If you're into the Pomodoro technique (I had to look it up), Johan Danforth has a free WP7 Pomodoro Timer for you... some discussion about it, and it's now on CodePlex
- How to Crop an object using Expression Blend?
- Kunal Chowdhury continues to blog about Blend with this tutorial on cropping an image
- Find unused resources in Silverlight or WPF with ResourceCounter
- Loek van den Ouweland exposes an app that he uses at work for cleaning up your Silverlight or WPF app: ResourceCounter
- WP7Contrib – Bing Service Wrapper Part IV Location Simplified
- XAMLNinja has part 4 of his series up on the Wrapper for Bing Service that they have in the WP7 Contrib library, and more fully expands on incorporating Geo Location into your app.
- Windows Phone HubTile in depth| Part3: Freezing and Unfreezing tiles
- WindowsPhoneGeek's latest post is the 3rd in his series on the HubTile control... this time talking about freezing the tile animation when they are not visible.
- Windows Phone 7 MVVM ViewModel ideas
- Erno de Weerd discusses starting WP7 development without MVVM and then switching to it after adding more funcionality and his ideas on MVVM and WP7
- Part 2 - Windows Phone 7 Orientation
- Sumit Dutta continues his WP7 series with this one on Orientation and an introduction to what is needed to keep your app where you want it on-screen when the orientation is changed.
- WP7 Ad Control and OutOfMemoryException
- David Yack has a quick but important post about things you should know if you decide to use the Phone Ad control in your app.
Twitter SilverlightNews | Twitter WynApse | WynApse.com | Tagged Posts | SilverlightCream
Join me @ SilverlightCream | Phoenix Silverlight User Group
Technorati Tags: Silverlight Silverlight 3 Silverlight 4 Windows Phone MIX10