Above the Fold:
||"Papa's Perspective: Fundamental MVVM"
||"Connecting Windows Phone 7, Zune, a Proxy Server and an Intranet Web Service"
Erno de Weerd
||"Using WCF RIA Services With LightSwitch: I Know You're Scared, I Understand"
is going to be speaking at devLINK and has all his material up: Slides / Code / Resources for my OData Talk at devLINK 2011
's latest Desert Mountain Developers
Stay in the 'Light!
- Creating custom ringtone
- AfricanGeek has a new look to his website and a new video up - Extracting audio from video in Expression Encoder and using it as a custom ringtone in WP7.1
- Silververlight, Windows 7 Mobile Development Nested ListBox binding in Silverlight and Windows Phone 7
- Dhananjay Kumar is discussing a listbox containing a listbox that had to be bound dynamically... makes it look a lot less complex than I thought :)
- Connecting Windows Phone 7, Zune, a Proxy Server and an Intranet Web Service
- Erno de Weerd describes an issue he had with this WP7 app in development not being able to hit a RESTful Web Service on the intranet and how he worked around the problem... lots of good info.
- Building A Windows Phone App From Scratch
- Jesse Liberty began a series on building a WP7 app from scratch in his blog... a 4 function calculator links to everything you need, and instructions for doing the layout in Blend
- Building A Windows Phone App From Scratch–Part 2
- In this Part 2 of his series, Jesse Liberty wires up the event handlers for the buttons ... once again, good Blend instruction... then moves into the Event handlers and binding
- Windows Phone falling? Might as well detect this with your app
- Den Delimarsky wrote a 2-post series on detecting a dropped phone... note this could also be a phone user falling... he discusses an Android app that does the same thing, and has links to his own two posts at DZone
- Progress on WP7 Icons
- Austin Andrews has been updating his WP7 Icon pack regularly... this post is an overview of what he has in there, and a link to the zip
- Papa's Perspective: Fundamental MVVM
- John Papa's first "Papa's Perspective" in Visual Studio Magazine hit this week, and is a great overview discussion of MVVM
- WPF vs. Silverlight - Part 10 - XAML Parser Differences
- Morten Nielsen continues his WPF/Silverlight exploration with this post about differences in the XAML parser and how conditionals don't work in XAML as they do in code.
- WPF vs. Silverlight - Part 11 - Silverlight on Phone vs. Browser
- Admittedly not a WPF/Silverlight post, but more a WP7/Silverlight post, Morten Nielsen round out his comparison series with this on on API differences between Silvelright and Phone dev
- On a path to a generic About page
- Andrej Tozon built enough About pages for his WP7 apps that he decided to take a shot at a generic page he could reuse... check it out... might work for you too.
- Localizing the August 2011 Windows Phone Toolkit
- Andrej Tozon's latest post is about the new Windows Phone Toolkit on CodePlex which is for the WP7.1 devices, and particularly the localization support it provides.
- Using WCF RIA Services With LightSwitch: I Know You're Scared, I Understand
- Michael Washington has a cool post up discussing using WCF RIA Services in your LightSwitch app and LightSwitch in general
Twitter SilverlightNews | Twitter WynApse | WynApse.com | Tagged Posts | SilverlightCream
Join me @ SilverlightCream | Phoenix Silverlight User Group
Technorati Tags: Silverlight Silverlight 3 Silverlight 4 Windows Phone MIX10