|In this Issue: Ryan Alford(-2-), Joe McBride, Rob Tiffany, Pete Brown, Charles Petzold(-2-), Alfred Astort, Mark Hopkins, Nokola, Chris Klug, Gergely Orosz, and Adam Barney.
Above the Fold:
||"Creating a Metro UI Style Control"
||"Ready for take-off? Top 10 things to check when you think you are done with your application"
Adam Barney posted his "Introduction to the MVVM UI Pattern": Slides and Demo from Iowa Code Camp
Damon Payne gave a WP7 presentation and has posted the materials: PDC Local 2010 Code and Slides
- Silverlight 4 – Sample Data with Blend 4
- Ryan Alford has a quick post up showing how to use sample data with Blend 4 to give you a great design-time experience.
- Silverlight 4 – Copy/Paste From Clipboard
- Ryan Alford's latest post is discussing Clipboard access in Silverlight 4... how to program it in and what the user experience is.
- Creating a Metro UI Style Control
- Joe McBride has a post up detailing how he built his 'Metro UI' control. Give the example at the top of the post a dance, and you'll 'get it' ... very nice looking job, and lots of explanation.
- Windows Phone 7 Line of Business App Dev :: Working with an In-Memory Database
- Rob Tiffany has the final post of his series up on WP7 with WCF REST + JSON services in Azure, plus pulling data from SQL Azure into an in-memory database... cool!
- Building the new PDC Trivia Application
- If you've been to MIX or PDC, you'll remember the trivia question app that plays on the big screen... Pete Brown discusses the latest version, rewritten for PDC10... lots of good info and details.
- XNA Back Buffers and the Status Bar
- Charles Petzold has a post up describing a programming technique he began using in later chapters and didn't get a chance to update in earlier ones of his great (free) WP7 Programming book.
- Going to Market with WIndows Phone 7
- Charles Petzold also has a great post up tracking the entire process of getting an app into the marketplace... and to answer your question Charles, I'm not sure about fortune, but you've got the fame in spades!
- Ready for take-off? Top 10 things to check when you think you are done with your application.
- Think your WP7 app is all buttoned-up and ready for the marketplace? Alfred Astort has a great post up you need to read... excellent advice ... and probably wouldn't hurt to pay attention to them early in the process either :) ... oh, did I mention Alfred is part of the team that is reviewing your apps prior to allowing them in the marketplace?... 'nuff said on that!
- Integrating Your App into the Music + Videos Hub
- Mark Hopkins has listed and discussed 4 key integration points that your WP7 app can take advantage of in the Music and Videos experience.
- Worm Hole and White Hole Space Effects in Silverlight
- From the amazingly fertile mind of Nokola comes another interesting graphic effect up for his Fantasia app... a worm hole...
- A Windows Phone 7 ComboBox
- Chris Klug has produced a ComboBox for WP7 -- see how he began trying to restyle one, and where he ended up...
- Styles In Silverlight: Manipulating At Runtime
- Gergely Orosz has part 4 of a 4-part series up covering "everything that I think is worth knowing about styles in Silverlight" ... looks like a good one to bookmark, and backtrack the others... let me check that... yep... the other 3 are already in the SilverlightCream database... now the full set :)
- Adding PropertyChanged UpdateSourceTrigger Mode to Silverlight
- Adam Barney brings over from WPF the PropertyChanged trigger mode for binding a property in a viewmodel in the form of a Silverlight Behavior.
Stay in the 'Light!
Twitter SilverlightNews | Twitter WynApse | WynApse.com | Tagged Posts | SilverlightCream
Join me @ SilverlightCream | Phoenix Silverlight User Group
Technorati Tags: Silverlight Silverlight 3 Silverlight 4 Windows Phone MIX10