|In this Issue: Johan Danforth, Michael S. Scherotter, Xianzhong Zhu(-2-), Michael B. McLaughlin, Mike Taulty, Michael Crump, Jobi Joy, Brad Tutterow(-2-), Roger Gullhaug, Tim Heuer, and Walter Ferrari.
Above the Fold:
Available in the Microsoft Download Center: Microsoft Advertising SDK for Windows Phone 7
PDC10 has been full-up for a while, so even if you wanted to go, you can't ... but now they're doing _Local Events... keep clicking the link, maybe one will appear in your neighborhood!
Yochay Kiriaty announced Windows Phone Training Kit for Developers – RTM Refresh
I just checked, and SC900 hit on July 10, so that means it only took us 1 day short of 10 weeks to do 50 posts full of fun. At this rate, we'll hit 1000 around Thanksgiving... how cool is that??
- Silverlight Watermark TextBox Behavior
- Johan Danforth couldn't find a Watermarked Textbox for Silverlight so he did what all of us would do ... he created his own :) ... check it out and see if you want to use his behavior too.
- Tracking Ad Clicks with the Microsoft Silverlight Analytics Framework on the Windows Phone
- Michael S. Scherotter has a post up announcing Microsoft Silverlight Analytics Framework 1.4.6 Released, and then he went on in the post referenced to explain how to use it.
- Integrate the 3D Engine Balder into Your Silverlight Applications Part 2
- Xianzhong Zhu has the next two parts of her Silverlight/Balder series up at DotNetSlackers. In part 2, she's talking about Light, View, and Camera
- Integrate the 3D Engine Balder into Your Silverlight Applications Part 3
- In part 3, Xianzhong Zhu is discussing Sprites, Skybox, HeightMap, the MVVM pattern, and more.
- Using WP7 Themes In Your XNA Game
- Why not carry the user's theme over into your XNA gamel, where appropriate? ... Michael B. McLaughlin demonstrates that for you, with source.
- Silverlight, Out-Of-Browser and Multiple Windows
- Mike Taulty takes on a task he's queried about a lot ... multiple Silverlight windows ... well ok, that's cool, but wait... OOB too?
- From start to finish with the final version of Visual Studio Tools for Windows Phone 7
- If you haven't set up the new tools for WP7 yet, Michael Crump's post will wal you through getting and installing the full set ... and making sure it's all there.
- An easy Windows Phone 7 Photo Viewer using Pivot control #WP7 Tip
- Jobi Joy has a cool use for a minimal Pivot on WP7 -- a Photo Viewer... !
- WP7 Development Tip of the Day: Understanding persistent data and transient state
- Brad Tutterow discusses 'persistent data' and 'transient state' on WP7 ... read his post to find the difference, and how they're used.
- WP7 Development Tip of the Day: Copy to Output Directory Demystified
- Brad Tutterow's second post is about the "Copy to output directory" choice on images in a WP7 project... know what the difference is? Do you care? Should you? :) --- check it out and see.
- An easy way to save state in Silverlight and Windows Phone7
- Roger Gullhaug shares some code he wrote and uses for reading/writing Isolated Storage in Silverlight and WP7.
- Windows Phone 7 Developer Tips and Tricks
- If you didn't see this as it happened, you missed something cool... Jeff Wilcox posted absolute WP7 nuggets to Twitter last evening for about a 3-hour time period. Thanks to Tim Heuer, we can all have those [and I can delete my OneNote page :) ]
- Building a DataGrid Control for Silverlight for Windows Phone - Part 2
- Walter Ferrari has part 2 of his tutorial series on building a datagrid for WP7 up on SilverlightShow... and he's using the AgDataGrid from DevExpress this time.
Stay in the 'Light!
Twitter SilverlightNews | Twitter WynApse | WynApse.com | Tagged Posts | SilverlightCream
Join me @ SilverlightCream | Phoenix Silverlight User Group
Technorati Tags: Silverlight Silverlight 3 Silverlight 4 Windows Phone