In this Issue: Brian Genisio, Michael Washington, Fons Sonnemans , Don Burnett, Xianzhong Zhu, Mike Snow, Jesse Liberty, Victor Gaudioso, David Kelley(-2-), and Matias Bonaventura .
Anoop has a good post up: MEF or Managed Extensibility Framework and Lazy – Being Lazy with MEF, Custom Export Attributes etc
Jesse Liberty's got a good post up if you are just Getting Started With Silverlight: A Path Through The Learning Material
John Papa reports Updates and New Home for Sticky Plugin
Tim Heuer announced Silverlight 4 Theme refresh including RIA Services templates
- Adventures in MVVM – ViewModel Location and Creation
- Brian Genisio has a post up about ViewModels and how he attaches them to his views. Some discssion of MVVMLight, and other external links plus the code for the project.
- Simplified MEF: Dynamically Loading a Silverlight .xap
- Michael Washington has a good tutorial up on MEF, Silverlight, and ViewModel. In Michael's words: The goal here is to give you a quick easy win. You will be able to understand this one. You will come away with something you can use, and you will be able to tell your fellow colleagues, "MEF? yeah I'm using that, good stuff
- Touch Gesture Triggers for Windows Phone 7 projects in Blend 4.0
- Fons Sonnemans has a post up about touch gestures for WP7 -- he's got 3 of them implemented using triggers, plus an external link to another, and the source.
- What the Heck is “MEF” for, and what Silverlight designers need to know about it?
- Don Burnett is also talking MEF... he does a good job of introducing MEF if you're not acquainted yet, plus some external information.
- Write Your Custom Effect Components in Silverlight 3
- Xianzhong Zhu has a post up walking you through creating your own Custom Effect for Blend and Silverlight 3 ... lots of external links and the source project.
- Silverlight Tip of the Day #28 – Text Trimming
- Mike Snow's Tip #28 is about Text Trimming... what it does, and how it differs from WPF
- Windows Phone 7: Lists, Page Animation and oData
- Jesse Liberty called this a mini-tutorial, but it's not so mini... great tutorial on WP7, data, lists, and page transitions... oh, and the data is OData too...
- New Silveright Video Tutorial: How to Do Hit Detection
- Victor Gaudioso's latest video tutorial is up and he's demonstrating how to do Silverlight HitTesting via code from Andy Beaulieu
- Dependency Properties Made Easy
- Need a quick pick-up on Dependency Properties? David Kelley has a short post about them on his blog.
- Isolated Storage Made Easy
- David Kelley also has a quick post up about Isolated Storage ... going to keep an eye out for more of these quick "Made Easy" posts from David.
- Prism 4.0 First Drop – MVVM
- Matias Bonaventura has a post up about the recent Prism 4.0 drop and highlights a bunch of the features/enhancements in this... some code snippets and a linnk out to the CodePlex drop.
Stay in the 'Light!
Twitter SilverlightNews | Twitter WynApse | WynApse.com | Tagged Posts | SilverlightCream
Join me @ SilverlightCream | Phoenix Silverlight User Group
Technorati Tags: Silverlight Silverlight 3 Silverlight 4 Windows Phone MIX10