In this Issue: Jeremy Likness, Tim Greenfield, Tim Heuer, ondrejsv, XAML Ninja, Nikhil Kothari, Sergey Barskiy, Shawn Oster, smartyP, Christian Schormann(-2-), and John Papa And Glenn Block.
Victor Gaudioso produced a RefCard for DZone: Getting Started with Silverlight and Expression Blend Way to go Victor... it looks great!
Gavin Wignall announced Metia launch FourSquare and Bing maps mash up – called Near.me
Cheryl Simmons talks about VS2010 and the design surface: Changing Templates with the Silverlight Designer (and seeing the changes immediately)
Michael S. Scherotter posted that New York Times Silverlight Kit Updated for Windows Phone 7 Series
Jaime Rodriguez posted about 2 free chapters in his new book (with Yochay Kiriaty): A Journey Into Silverlight On Windows Phone -Via Learning WIndows PHone Programming
Did you know there was "MSDN Radio"?? Tim Heuer posted follow-up answers to this morning's show: MSDN Radio follow-up answers: Prism for Silverlight, DomainServices and relationships
Michael Klucher posted a great set of links for WP7 game development this morning: Great Game Development Tutorials for Windows Phone
Zhiming Xue has 3 pages of synopsis and links for everything Windows Phone at MIX. This is the 1st, but at the top of the pages are links to the other two: Windows Phone 7 Content From MIX10 – Part I
Stay in the 'Light!
- Using WriteableBitmap to Simplify Animations with Clones
- Jeremy Likness takes a break from his LOB posts to demonstrate a page flip animation using WriteableBitmap to simplify the animation using clones.
- SAX-like Xml parsing
- Want some experience or fun with Rx? Tim Greenfield has a post up on building an observable XmlReader.
- nstalling Silverlight applications without the browser involved
- Last night I blogged Mike Taulty's take on the "Silent Install" for an OOB app, tonight, I'm posting Tim Heuer's insight on the topic.
- How to: Create computed/custom properties for sample data in Blend/Sketchflow
- ondrejsv posted an example of digging into the files that control the sample data for Blend to get what you really want.
- PathListBox Adventures – radial layout
- Check out the radial layout XAML Ninja did using the PathListBox ... and all code available.
- RIA Services and Validation
- Nikhil Kothari has a great (duh!) post up that follows his Silverlight TV on the same subject: RIA Services and validation... lots of good external links also.
- Windows Phone 7 Application with OData
- Sergey Barskiy did an OData to WP7 app by using the feed from MIX10. You can see a list of sessions, and click on one to see details.
- Getting Blur And DropShadow to work in the Windows Phone Emulator
- Shawn Oster responds to some forum questions about Blur and DropShadow effects not showing up in the WP7 emulator, and gives the code trick we have to do for now.
- Metro Icons for Windows Phone 7
- We all got the other icon set for WP7 from MSDN, but smartyP pulled the Metro Icons from the PPT deck of the MIX10 presentations... good job!
- Fonts in SketchFlow
- Christian Schormann talks about fonts in Sketchflow, where they live on your machine, and how you can use them.
- Blend 4: About Path Layout, Part III
- Christian Schormann also has Part III of his epic tutorial up on Path Layout and Blend. This one is on dynamic resizing layouts, and he has links back to the other two if you missed them... or you can find them with a search at SilverlightCream... :)
- Simple ViewModel Locator for MVVM: The Patients Have Left the Asylum
- John Papa And Glenn Block teamed up to solve the View First model only without the maintenance involved with the ViewModel locator by using MEF. It only took these guys and hour... sigh... :)
Twitter SilverlightNews | Twitter WynApse | WynApse.com | Tagged Posts | SilverlightCream
Join me @ SilverlightCream | Phoenix Silverlight User Group
Technorati Tags: Silverlight Silverlight 3 Silverlight 4 Windows Phone MIX10