In This Issue:
Laurent Bugnion, Chad Campbell, Mark Miller, Jacek Ciereszko, Laurent Duveau, Kirupa, Ning Zhang, Timmy Kokke, Expression Blend and Design Blog, and Mark Tucker.
Since the demise of the MSDN Social Bookmarks, I've wanted to move my tag page to it's own page on WynApse.com, and I finally did that last night. There's a left-border link to Tagged Posts that contains a tag cloud of, at this moment, 7268 articles tagged 10259 different ways using 421 unique tags, on all sorts of subjects.
Much cooler than my tag cloud... John Papa's latest article is out in MSDN Magazine: Validation with Silverlight 3 and the DataForm
Laurent Bugnion announces: I am happy and proud to announce that the MVVM Light Toolkit V2 has been published!
James Bacon and Silverlight Girl have announced a new scoring system for game developers at Mashooo: New Silverlight high score service and general in-game event Service for Silverlight Games (Code name 3XH)
Are you trying to print from Silverlight? ... if you're doing a LOB app, that was a stupid question, right? Well check out what Dan Wahlin's been working on: SmartPrint for Silverlight Details
Stay in the 'Light!
- Using RelayCommands in Silverlight and WPF
- I missed this with family in town last weekend, but Laurent Bugnion has a great post up on Commanding and RelayCommand in Silverlight and WPF... if you missed this last weekend, go read it now!
- Silverlight – Drill Down Charts Walkthrough
- Chad Campbell [no, he's not my son :) ] has a video up on creating drill-down charts using the Toolkit. The code created for the video is available also.
- MVVM with Prism 101 – Part 1: The Bootstrapper
- Mark Miller is starting a series on MVVM and Prism... if you haven't dipped your toe into that water yet, this looks like a nice safe place to try.
- [Behaviors] Mouse Over ComboBox Open (Behavior)
- Jacek Ciereszko has a cool behavior up for a Combobox in that it drops the list when you mouse over it... just a tad surprising when it happens, but a cool surprise... I like it!
- Silverlight 3 Activity Control
- Laurent Duveau posts a nice article on an 'activity control' ... you know... the "hang on, I'm working here!" sort of thing :)
- Trigonometric Animations
- Just the other day someone asked me about mapping functions with Silverlight, and here is Kirupa doing a *wow* job on Trigonometric functions... cool stuff!
- Silverlight Design Time: Toolkit July 2009 Release Update
- Many of us are using at least parts of the Toolkit, but Ning Zhang gives us some good information that you may not be aware of about releases and walks through the installation process to get all the goodness in your Visual Studio Toolbox.
- Retro-lines in Expression Design
- If you'd like a nice tutorial in Expression Design, Timmy Kokke has one up on his site. I don't see more on Blend than Design, so this was a nice change.
- Visual State Manager tips for design and authoring
- Steve at Expression Blend and Design Blog has a good post up on the Visual State Manager... explaining the various aspects and how you should do things depending upon your role... he also has a link out to a Button Styling Video to see a walkthrough of all this.
- Hidden Object: Episode 8 – Loop Game Music with a Behavior
- In Mark Tucker's 8th episode of his game creation, he's adding music in a loop, and also gives up a good royalty-free music site for games. He also packages the game loop into a behavior... I'm sure we can all find a use for that!
Twitter SilverlightNews | Twitter WynApse | WynApse.com | Tagged Posts | SilverlightCream
Join me @ SilverlightCream | Phoenix Silverlight User Group
Technorati Tags: Silverlight Silverlight 3 SilverlightCream
posted @ Sunday, October 4, 2009 1:34 PM