In this Issue: Danijel Stulic, Corey Schuman, Erik Mork, Evgeny, Brad Abrams, René Schulte, Kevin Dockx, and Alexey Zakharov.
Steve Strong details a positive experience: Learning RIA Services: It's Great to be a Silverlight Developer
Nikhil Kothari gives a 'Twitter Pitch' for .NET RIA Services: .NET RIA Services Twitter Pitch
Shawn Wildermuth is on DNR TV with Carl Franklin: See Carl and I Talk about Behaviors on DNR-TV!
Walt Ritscher has a good article up at Dev 102: Changing Brush Brightness in WPF/Silverlight
- The joy of Silverlight 3 migration - no code required
- Danijel Stulic expands on his previous migration to Silverlight 3 post only this time he's talking about things that are no code.
- Convert string to Color
- Not much to say about this from Corey Schuman ... just a quick little piece of code to drop into your toolbox for converting Hex strings to a color in Silverlight
- Silverlight MEF - Extensible Applications
- Erik Mork has his latest Development Guide up and this one is on Silverlight and MEF. If you want a quick-start on MEF, this is probably it as Erik talks with Glenn Block.
- Bindings, the glue that connects the view to the viewmodel part 1
- Chris Klug waxes poetic about MVVM and then discusses data bindings because of their obvious importance in MVVM. Stay tuned for more in his MVVM discussion.
- Expression Blend 3 – secrets of working with data.
- Evgeny tackles some of the less-obvious parts of serving up data with Blend. I don't know how many parts he plans on doing, but he's calling this one on drag-and-drop Part 1 ... good reading.
- Business Apps Example for Silverlight 3 RTM and .NET RIA Services July Update: Part 11: The Client-Only World
- Brad Abrams changes this time and uses in-memory data so you don't really need .NET RIA Services this time around.
- Silverlight 3 WriteableBitmap Performance
- René Schulte has been doing some great image work with Silverlight and decided to compare speeds between WriteableBitmap and the contenders in the PNG generation genre.
- Working with RIA Services #3: changes for SL3/July 2009 RIA drop
- Kevin Dockx had to modify his demo code to bring it up to use the latest .NET RIA Services and Silverlight 3. He's detailing the changes he had to make.
- ADO.NET Data Services Advanced Topics: SubSonic Data Context
- Alexey Zakharov uses SubSonic ORM to lash up with POCO objects and I can guarantee that's the first time I've seen that :) Along the way he gives a good intro to SubSonic.
Stay in the 'Light!
Twitter SilverlightNews | SL Web Articles | My SL2+ Tutorials | My SL2 Articles | My SL2 ToolTips | My Tutorials | My Articles | My Tooltips | SL2 Web Articles | SilverlightCream | Join me @ SilverlightCream |
Technorati Tags: Silverlight Silverlight 3 SilverlightCream
posted @ Friday, July 24, 2009 6:31 PM