In this issue: Bob Thomson, Michael Washington, Ken Cox, Shawn Wildermuth(2), Matthias Shapiro, Page Brooks, and Jeff Wilcox.
Jesse Liberty reports As promised, here is the .NET Rocks recorded panel on RIA at Code Mash. It was a blast and got a great reception.
Jeff Weber has a followup on his Silverlight Install Enticement video: Enticing People To Install Silverlight (Follow Up)
Brad Abrams has his shoutout to MIX09: Getting Ready for Mix09
Stay in the 'Light!
- colaab - Silverlight 2 collaboration RIA
- Bob Thomson sent me a link to colaab the other day and I've been so busy I didn't get a chance to check it out until this morning... whoa... what a bunch of effort this has been. I hope Adam is looking at this :) ... I really like the way the UI works and looks.. fully functional, very useful application, all in Silverlight. Very nice, thanks Bob!
- A DNN A Silverlight Dashboard to handle long queries
- Michael Washington sent me this earlier today and I really like the odometer control, but hey, that's not the thrust of the post :) ... he's showing a way to deal with long running queries, and has multiple queries running.
- Learning CRUD and Data Forms in Silverlight 2
- Ken Cox sent me this link to the beginning of a series he's going to do on CRUD and Data Forms. Looks like there may be 8 tutorials total, and the first two are up.
- Fun with ItemsControl
- Shawn Wildermuth got one up on me really fast. This first one is on the ItemsControl and why we might use it instead of a ListControl in some circumstances ... particularly the ones where we're having trouble.
- The Culture of Silverlight
- In this second one, Shawn discusses Culture ... as in how we display things... read on :)
- My MIX 10K Submission Is Up!
- Matthias Shapiro has his MIX 10K submission up and it's adictive... I had to stop when I got to 49, because I wasn't getting this post done :)
- Refactoring the CoolMenu Control – Part 1: Inheriting from ItemsControl
- Page Brooks took some info from Justin Angel and is refactoring the CoolMenu control in SilverlightContrib. He's blogging his progress inheriting from an ItemsControl beginning with this one.
- UniformGrid for Silverlight
- Jeff Wilcox treats us to a Silverlight port of the WPF Uniform Grid... very cool, check it out!
Twitter SLNews | Join me @ SilverlightCream | SL Web Articles | SL2 Web Articles | My Articles | My Tutorials | My Tooltips | My SL2 Articles | My SL2 ToolTips | SilverlightCream
Technorati Tags: Silverlight SilverlightCream MIX09
posted @ Monday, January 19, 2009 10:11 PM