In this post: Mike Snow, Bill Reiss, Jesse Liberty, Harsh Bardhan, Tim Heuer, Matthias Shapiro, and Jeff Wilcox
Bill Reiss has posted Silverlight Sports Game Contest Results... I blogged Andy Beaulieu's win yesterday, but go look at the others!
Stay in the 'Light!
- Silverlight Tip of the Day #47 – How to Implement a Password Box
- I've heard the term 'dog days', but in Mike Snow's case, it's like dog years... folks, we've just gone through 7 Tips of the Day in 24 hours! ... and that doesn't count one extra post bringing Mike's total to 8 ... geez. In this first 3 he hilites 3 new controls in RC0, the Password Box, Silverlight Tip of the Day #48 – How to Implement a Combobox , and Silverlight Tip of the Day #49 – How to Implement a Progress Bar
- Silverlight Tip of the Day #50 – Main Game Loop Revisited!
- Mike then goes on to discuss the new game loop capabilities in RC0, then Silverlight Tip of the Day #51 – How to Enable and Disable Controls , Silverlight Tip of the Day #52 – How to Popup a Browser Window , and Silverlight Tip of the Day #53 – MessageBox is now Available in Silverlight 2
- EnvDTE.OutputGroup.get_FileCount() exception with Silverlight 2 RC0
- Finally in one that's not a tip of the day, Mike discusses an exception you might be seeing and why that might be.
- Latest version of Silverlight Streaming helper classes and SLSExplorer
- Bill Reiss blogged about the latest version of his Streaming helper class. If you're doing a bunch of streaming, you should check this out... or get involved!
- Dependency Property System – Deeper Dive Part 1
- Jesse Liberty posted a great in-depth Dependency Property post yesterday afternoon... punch this one out to a PDF so you can call it back quick!
- Step By Step - Using Silverlight to Access a WCF Service Hosted In a Console Application
- Harsh Bardhan at DotNetCurry has a very nice tutorial on using Silverlight with a WCF service in various places and how that effects where to find the policy file.
- Installing Silverlight RC0 Offline
- Tim Heuer discusses Installing Silverlight if you don't have admin priviledges... this works good because it's how I got B1 installed on my laptop.. nothing else would work!
- Silverlight multi-file upload controls and patterns
- Time also discusses the use of Silverlight wherever you're needing to do file uploading. He has lots of resources linked.
- Color Picker In Action (In The Silverlight Particle Project)
- Matthias Shapiro dropped his very nice color picker into Robby Ingebretsen’s Silverlight Particle Generator, and while I can't think of a good use for it, it's dang addicting to play with :) ... very cool, Matthias
- Silverlight Unit Test Framework: New features & download for RC0
- Jeff Wilcox give us the UnitTest download for RC0 and discusses all the new features.
Twitter SLNews | Join me @ SilverlightCream | SL Web Articles | SL2 Web Articles | My Articles | My Tutorials | My Tooltips | My SL2 Articles | My SL2 ToolTips | SilverlightCream
posted @ Wednesday, October 1, 2008 6:20 AM