Hannah Watkins on Creating Graphics for a SL Game, Mohammad Dayyan with WPF clock, Jesse Liberty with a Podcast on Templating, ux.artu.tv on DeepZoom stitching, Mike Snow on WCF vs ASMX, and making it snow, Terence Tsang with fireworks, Joel Neubeck begins a Casual Games series, Corey Schuman with another 3D example, Doug Blackmore with a closeable tab item, Bill Reiss with Dogs Photomosaic and troubleshooting Data Access.
Tim Sneath reports on What You’ll Hear at PDC2008... sounds like a good time will be had... send good blog posts for those of us not going :(
Karl Shifflett blogged XAML Power Toys 2.0.8 Released New Features ... definitely take a look at this!
Stay in the 'Light!
- Creating graphics for a Silverlight game
- Going along the theme of Joel Neubeck starting a series on Casual Games, I got a submittal from Hannah Watkins that is an awesome tutorial on creating the graphics for a Silverlight game... very complete, very informative... I added her blog to my list-o-bloggers, and also to SC, so I hope we see more fun stuff from her... thanks Hannah!
- I’ve always wanted to make a clock in WPF
- Mohammad Dayyan demonstrates an analog clock in WPF at Coding4Fun
- Podcast on Templating
- Jesse Liberty's first montly PodCast on Sparkling Client: this one on Templating... With Erik Mork at one end of the process and Jesse Liberty at the other, how can you miss?
- DeepZoom Composer now with stitching feature
- ux.artu.tv explains the new stitching feature of DeepZoom and how they use it to stitch together a 'mind map' of sorts for presentations.
- Silverlight Tip of the Day #44: Silverlight-enabled WCF Services versus ASMX Web Services
- Mike Snow discusses WCF vs ASMX, and gives a good run-down on what is what and why we should be doing one or the other.
- Silverlight Tip of the Day #43: Making it Snow in Silverlight
- Ok this is too easy, so I won't go there, but Mike Snow is making it Snow in Silverlight. I've done animated gifs using filters to give me the snow patterns, but not actively changing things at run-time ... this is cool :)
- Flash vs Silverlight: Colorful Fireworks
- Terence Tsang is doing fireworks ... wow... looks like you're throwing bursts of Christmas ornaments into the air!
- Developing a Casual Games With Silverlight 2 - Module 1
- Joel Neubeck has begun a series on Developing Casual Games with Silverlight 2 ... very creative guy, so you'll want to keep up with this!
- Another 3D example in Silverlight
- Core Schuman has enhanced two of his previous blogs into this cool example... and I can think of a couple uses for this...
- Closable TabItem
- Dout Blackmore discusses the issues surrounding Closing a TabItem, and how you might allow your user to do so... good stuff!
- Dogs Photomosaic Deep Zoom
- Bill Reiss posted a DeepZoom Dogs Photomosaic... the first thing I've been able to capture my wife's interest in DeepZoom with! ... very cool.
- Troubleshooting Silverlight Data Access
- Bill has a great article with links out to others for troubleshooting data access issues.
Twitter SLNews | Join me @ SilverlightCream | SL Web Articles | SL2 Web Articles | My Articles | My Tutorials | My Tooltips | My SL2 Articles | My SL2 ToolTips | SilverlightCream
posted @ Tuesday, September 23, 2008 3:23 PM