Mark Monster on Networking, Rich Griffen on Tweening and Baby Smash, Matt Perdick using WrapPanel, Bart Czernicki on SL and Multi-touch panels, Corinna Barber with 3 videos on Designer/Developer, Dan Wahlin on layouts, Laurence Moroney's SL2 book is out, and Bill Reiss on developing games for SL and XNA, and a SL Game contest.
I didn't get this out on Wednesday because I was doing a presentation for a bigshot from my client's East Coast office, and oh... he didn't show, and he didn't call, and he didn't answer his page ... wow... I wanna be THAT important someday...
Koen Zwikstra has a SilverlightSpy Fix on his site... minor stuff, and a startup animation... go get it!
Cameron Albert is blogging about his game Parenthia. Yesterday he blogged about the World Builder and today about Quests. Good solid game stuff.
Stay in the 'Light!
- Silverlight Networking - Getting credentials to work, a new WebRequest
- This is the 3rd SL post Mark has done about Credentials. He has the other two listed at the top of the post. One of them is in the SilverlightCream database, the other will be later on today. Good reading, Mark!
- Silverlight Tweening Adventures with Baby Smash!
- Rich gives a great background on when and why he started using tweening, and how he got to where he is with it in Baby Smash! ... lots of good reading and workup!
- Tall skinny data columns using improved WrapPanel for Silverlight
- Matt Perdeck has a very nice-looking layout he built ising the WrapPanel from Dave Relyea. People have jumped on that WrapPanel pretty quickly and with good reason. Matt also has entered this in the writing contest on Michael Sync's site... check that out!
- Silverlight and Multi Touch Tablets
- Bart has not so much a Silverlight article here as an article on touch tablets, what might be coming, what would be cool to see.
- Building A Silverlight Application: A Designer's Perspective
- Corrina Barber and Tim Heuer (I wanna be Tim when I grow up!) collaborated at RiaPalooza, and Corrina has posted 3 videos she did that extend what they covered: 1) The application being built, generating a wireframe, and Blend UI finessing; 2) continuing with Blend and styling controls; 3) Designing and coding a user control. All of these are on Silverlight.net, and Corrina has a code link on her blog... be sure to come back to read the rest of my post!
- Using Silverlight 2 Layout Controls
- Dan Wahlin has some new articles at Visual Studio Magazine. Dan has an aggregation list of his articles on his blog, and this first (new) one is a nice intro to the layout controls... what they are, how to use them. The second is Using the StackPanel Control , and I'm betting there are two more coming! ... good solid reads from Dan!
- Introducing Silverlight 2 Book now available
- Laurence has announced his book being available at Amazon.com ... he also announces some issues with the posting at Amazon such as it's Silverlight 2, not 2.0 -- but all of you know that... right?? .. anyway... take a look at this. We're getting ready to get flooded by Silverlight books, I'll be happy to list them in the database for your retrieval pleasure, but this one is from someone inside the wall so to speak :)
- Developing games that work with both XNA and Silverlight
- Bill Reiss has been at GameFest 2008 with Joel Neubeck, Mike Snow, and Tim Heuer, and this posting is some of what he presented, showing how to abstract out the differences and develop for SL or XNA!
- Announcing a new Silverlight game contest
- Bill, Mike, and Tim have all anounced this but I saw it on Bill's blog first :) ... if you're a game developer, you're going to want to get in on this! ... prizes for doing what is fun for you!
Twitter SLNews | Join me @ SilverlightCream | SL Web Articles | SL2 Web Articles | My Articles | My Tutorials | My Tooltips | My SL2 Articles | My SL2 ToolTips | SilverlightCream
posted @ Thursday, July 24, 2008 6:23 AM