Mark Monster on SL Networking (2), Andy Beaulieu on finding XAML elements, chrishayuk with SL2 Wee Mee, and Mike Snow Animating a rotating image and setting browser cookies with SL.
If you don't know who Chad Campbell is, shame on you... and a big hint --- he's NOT my son! Chad's been working on a great Silverlight 2 book for quite a while and soon we're all going to benefit from his undertaking. Moving in that direction, Chad is going to have a Halo 3 discussion of his book, feedback, and discussion in general.
I know I saw Visual WebGui a while back, I remembered it when I watched the video today... but they've got a fully funtional Beta out that could bear watching and using! The link I used is a blog post about it, and has links out to the real stuff... videos, promos, etc.... have fun!
Stay in the 'Light!
- Silverlight Networking - Getting credentials to work, unsuccessful.
- Mark Monster sent me this link last night, and I left the house without sending it to my work address today :( ... so I waited until tonight to put out this post. Mark's relatively new to SL, but he's been digging into the networking, and has this article and another on Silverlight Threading - Getting back to the UI thread . He also has som LINQ stuff, so check out his blog... I added it to SilverlightCream, and thanks for the post, Mark!
- Finding a XAML Element by Name at Runtime
- Andy Beaulieu has a cool snippet on his blog using a lambda expression to get a child of a container... cool stuff... something to keep handy, because I'll never remember that... :)
- Silverlight 2 Wee Mee
- chrishayuk posted this over the weekend I think, but since it's on blogspot, and I can't get there from work, I keep forgetting about it... sorry! ... I will say that no matter how many times I click on the eyes, I get no video, but hey... my machine doesn't always like video, so it's probably me :)
- Tip of the Day #17: How to Animate a Rotating Image
- Mike Snow doubled up with two tips of the day... this first one is animating a rotating image... dang... reminds me of Michael Schwarz' rotating gear that we all jumped on back when it was WPF/E... only easier to do! (now). Mike's second of the day is Tip of the Day #18: How to Set Browser Cookies.
Twitter SLNews | Join me @ SilverlightCream | SL Web Articles | SL2 Web Articles | My Articles | My Tutorials | My Tooltips | My SL2 Articles | My SL2 ToolTips | SilverlightCream
posted @ Tuesday, July 15, 2008 7:07 PM