I've got 17 links here tonight... Welcome to SL2B2.. :) ... Many are by the same folks, so I'm just going to list names: Scott Guthrie (duh), Michael Scherotter, Joel Neubeck(2), Kathy Kam, Walt Ritscher, Jesse Liberty, Shawn Wildermuth(2), David Anson, Tim Heuer(4), WPFEDevCon, Mike Taulty/Mike Ormond, and Mike Snow.
Wow... what a bunch of links! ... I tried not to pull all the "Silverlight 2 Beta 2" links since we're all posting that. There are a lot of people echoing the information on Silverlight.net, and I tried to only pull the ones that also have other details or info to offer so enjoy... there's a couple week's worth of reading in this one post... and that doesn't count 50 videos!
I might also note that most of the devs that I'm blogging today are really into giving links out to other devs and sources for material, so there's just a wealth of info in these posts.
Stay in the 'Light!
- Silverlight 2 Beta2 Released
- First is the Scott Guthrie post I gave in my message last night... the first and foremost blog to watch and read.
- Updating a Silverlight 2 Application from Beta 1 to Beta 2
- Michael Scherotter details his efforts in updating from Beta 1 to Beta 2. Maybe I should have followed his blog post, but with only one small B1 post to update, I saved out the xaml, nuked the project, and rebuilt :) ... Michael has a much more subtle approach :)
- Silverlight 2 Game Framework Example
- Joel Neubeck is always posting great stuff, and this is the resulting post of his Desert Code Camp presentation last weekend about SL2 and Casual Game development. Keep an eye on his blog ... this guy's good! Joel Also has a blog post Updating samples to Silverlight 2 Beta 2 that is worth reading.
- Silverlight 2 Beta 2 has shipped!
- Kathy Kam has her page updated and links to the code plus a link to Silverlight.net to pick up the bits ...
- Silverlight 2 Beta 2 - Now with more controls
- Walt Ritscher is a great VB guy ... Hi Walt! :) ... he has a very nice value-added SL2B2 is Here post... mostly discussing new controls, but hey, that's what everybody was wanting anyway right?
- Beta 2 Tutorials Available Now in PDF
- Jesse Liberty is only hitting this list once, but he 'quintupled' the link because he has links out to 5 of his tutorials already converted to Beta 2 ... how's that for fast? ... go for it, I'll still be here.
- What's Changed in Silverlight 2 Beta 2?
- Shawn Wildermuth was chomping at the bit for 2 days I think while we watched Tim Heuer and Jesse and others blog about B2 ... then at the last moment, he pushed his material out ahead of Scott Guthrie and for his effort, got a shout out on Scott's post... I'll have to remember that technique :) ... He has a couple awesome blog posts listed here... this one about What's changed ... and I mean this is a really great list! ... his other article is Using ADO.NET Data Services in Silverlight 2 Beta 2 , and is definitely one to bookmark or convert to PDF or something... read it at least!
- Continuing access to Silverlight 2's generic.xaml resources
- David Anson already has his cool SilverlightDefaultStyleBrowser updated to Beta 2 ... and has some discussion surrounding it and hey... there's the source :)
- Silverlight Streaming adds video upload fix
- Tim Heuer has been very busy. This post is actually from before the B2 deployment and is a SL streaming video upload change/fix. Tim has 2 others new on his site since B2... was that only last night? .. yikes: Important change to Sockets in Silverlight 2 , and Silverlight 2 Beta 2 updates for web services and you can tell by the titles that they are all important!
- What’s new with Silverlight Tools Beta 2!
- Mike Snow has a great article about the Silverlight Tools changes that we all now have ... good tutorial-style write-up.
- Silverlight 2 Beta 2 Available plus Refreshed Screencasts
- Remember all those videos that Mike Taulty and Mike Ormond did? ... well... they've got them updated to B2 already... dang.... plus Mike posted direct links in case you wanna point your favorite downloader at them. Don't have a favorite downloader? ... he's got one of those linked on the site... cool!
- DataGrid Control Beta 2 Changes
- Last but not least for today is Breaking changes about the DataGrid that didn't make it into the documentation ... oops... THIS is stuff you should know!
Twitter SLNews | Join me @ SilverlightCream | SL Web Articles | SL2 Web Articles | My Articles | My Tutorials | My Tooltips | My SL2 Articles | My SL2 ToolTips | SilverlightCream
posted @ Saturday, June 7, 2008 7:35 PM