In Css and Custom Server Controls
I talked briefly about a problem with the mark-up for my server controls being injected with after toggling to Design View. It was certainly something I could work around, but it was annoying nevertheless. I just couldn't see anything in my designer code that could cause the issue.
Well, I recently reviewed the Visual Web Developer Team Blog about the multiple fixes included with VS 2008 SP1
. Under the WebForm /HTML Design View
subheader, there is an item that looked familiar:
I wondered if this could possibly be the same issue I was experiencing. I had already installed SP1, so I went to one of my "problem" pages and toggled to Design View (I have mine set to default to Source View). I made a minor change while in Design View to trigger an update to the markup and switched back to Source View. No NBSPs! Now I can share my controls with the rest of the team without attaching a disclaimer. Woo-hoo!