Waclaw Chrabaszcz
... there is no spoon ...

Sunday, February 3, 2013 7:38 AM

In smartphone era it is obvious that for "fast tasks" e.g. reboot the server or logoff a user you don't need your laptop to connect XenApp farm. But try to work for 8 hours using mobile or tablet J. For some unexpected situations, it will be worth to have a secondary computer. The idea is very simple. I would like to be able to use every piece of hardware to connect my farm. Once I have connection to the farm I will be able to do whatever I want.

Let's cook something:

Total time: 30 mins

Ingredients:

Directions:

1. Use Universal USB installer to install Ubuntu on your USB Stick; don't forget to create PERSISTENT partition. We will need to add Citrix Receiver to the master image.

1. Boot your PC from USB stick, download and install Citrix Receiver for Linux from the Citrix page. For Ubuntu it will be .DEB file.

1. Let's make some test! J

1. Pin USB stick to your keys J

BTW there is a RDP client on Ubuntu …

# re: Follow me thin client

Thank you, I have just been looking for information about this subject for ages and yours is the best I’ve discovered till now. But, what about the bottom line? Are you sure about the source? 2/6/2013 4:55 PM | order essay

# re: Follow me thin client

Hehe standard IT answer: “For me it works :-)” This is official Ubuntu download page. Choose your preferred version, on the next screen think for a moment whether you want to send some money to support Ubuntu project, If not, or later select “not now, just take me to the download page” or …. Use this shortcut http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/thank-you?release=latest&bits=64&distro=desktop&status=zeroc
Of course if you prefer RedHad or Fedora, you can try your own way, and download .RPM client package. I am with Ubuntu because for me it is the most “Windows like” Linux.
2/10/2013 3:48 PM | wchrabaszcz

# re: Follow me thin client

it's really working. you have shown step by step it is helpful for beginner. 3/7/2013 5:54 PM | electrical engineering

# re: Follow me thin client

Why not just use win8 Togo?
4/12/2013 5:09 AM | Barley

# re: Follow me thin client

Very good question! I am going to post about it soon. 4/14/2013 11:48 AM | wchrabaszcz

# re: Follow me thin client

Does this version of the Citrix Receiver support multiple monitors? 2/18/2014 7:38 PM | Karl

# re: Follow me thin client

Karl, I hope you'll find these articles helpful: http://support.citrix.com/proddocs/topic/receiver-linux-12-0/linux-troubleshooting-known-issues-display.html http://brogrammador.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/citrix-from-web-interface.html Personally I'm addicted to compiz flooppy a bit transparent windows: http://geekswithblogs.net/Wchrabaszcz/archive/2013/04/06/matrioshka.aspx http://geekswithblogs.net/Wchrabaszcz/archive/2013/12/21/omg-a-powershell-within-the-bash-console.aspx and in fullscreen mode I've been working only once. I hope it will help you to sort out your issue. 3/15/2014 8:36 AM | wchrabaszcz

# re: Follow me thin client

check out the best gaming experience hee with candy crush jelly saga also the
candy crush jelly download fans game out for it;s new version 1/28/2016 12:02 PM | candy man

# re: Follow me thin client

this post 's really wonderful.
كلاش 3/1/2016 3:14 PM | jack