I started the BizTalk server 2006 R2 to BizTalk Server 2009 upgrade for one of our client and I found it very straight forward, except one thing which consumed around an hour or so for me to figure out.When I ran the BizTalk Server 2009 install and once I see the upgarde page I got below error.
Could not contact the SSO server 'SSODB'. Check that SSO is configured and that the SSO service is running on that server. (RPC: 0x800706BA: The RPC server is unavailable.)
Here as you see the error says it is trying connect SSO Server 'SSODB' but not able to. To my surprise all my SSO dependant application were running perfectly then why was I getting this error.
Here are the steps for remedy which worked for me.
1- Verify the server name on which your SSODB runs.
2- Go to run--> cmd and navigate to "C:\Program Files\Coomon Files\Enterprise Single Sign On"
3- run-- ssomanage -showserver
4- If you see a separate server than you expected change the server name to correct SSO Server.
5- ssomanage -server <server name>